Season 6 Race 5 Melbourne - Post race

I was not like that when I was in presto. Some of the things you have said should have been put in a pm you are flogging a member in a public forum

AS you say maybe you need to cool before you post hot headed we all get beleave me I know :) but just read the post and take a little time to think about how you can make a post that will not get you in to problems with the admin

The way you have to look at things is. Say a new member wants to join the league and then come in here and see all this. I for one would turn and walk back out.

All I am saying is just think a bit before you post.

And I am not having a go and. I am not just putting it to just you

Where to start, there is so much to respond to :) I will have to keep adding stuff to this post, so it will grow larger and larger the next minutes.

David:
I feel your focus is wrong. I know it is hard, but we need to focus on the facts of the incident, not the people behind it. We want to know what created the incident, not who we blame. I have not studied the replay yet, but if you braked early it is indeed a piece of the puzzle and we need to see the whole picture to learn from it. Kind of like Air Crash Investigation if you have seen that ;)

Also, I am guessing you might have received an appolegy more to your liking if you had not posted your little attack before he had the chance to "explain himself".

Wayne:
David is correct about the fact that we want this discussed openly. I know it can be seen as a big gamble, to expect 25 guys to be able to publicly discuss incidents from races 100% constructivly :) But it have worked out quite well so far, with a little exception of this thread. Anyhoo, David is by far our most ehh... emotional member, and he is in all other ways a perfect member, so I chose to see this as making the league more colourful. (but I do hope that he will tone it down in the future now that you have correctly pointed out the fact that it could in worst case scare away a prospective future racing mate.)

Also I wouldn't like to see this get to a point where someone has an incident and they can't get a restart on their own, but if they cause a bigger incident they could earn a restart, and I think it leads to situations where recklessness is more valuable than caution.

This has to do with the Gentleman rule, which kind of is the foundation to make our system work. The same way we do not expect drivers to exploit the fact that we do not look for cutting and running wides, or that we trust that they post truthfull setup's in the forum, or that we expect all drivers to "clean up after themselves" if they have been involved in an incident. We only have room for Gentlemen in our league :)

i understand Wayne, im not flogging him in public im replying to his summation of the events, this season we were told to make our race reports in the forum, thats what weve all done, this was to stop the race director having to deal with loads of emails which he had no time to do, i realise i might sound harsh in some of my posts ( i usually go back and alter them when things calm down) its also hard to convey your feelings exactly in word form, i dont mean to be forcefull or arguementative its just the way things come out sometimes, there would be no point in just posting positive race reports either, we may as well deal with the bad along with the good here, it makes us all better racers for it.

Grats Reik, Tim and Fabian and all crazy racing lovers.

Q: P19

R: DNF
I had a very entertaining evening and in the end some bad luck. That's life.

I want to praise the combatants I had the pleasure to fight against this time. As I remember it there was a lot of them.
Among them, my highly valued team mate Kurt, we were about evenly matched in speed. Kurt had a bit of bad luck too I believe. We had a nice duel though.
Peter is already praised in another post.
And Valerio, always there eager to have a go at me. A pity you slowed down and lost precious time.
Andy was chased and chased me.
Tom kept me busy.
Gaetano made me sweat.
Sean left me behind.

My last praise goes to Nicolai for letting me race here in the league of extraordinary men.

CU on track mates

all of us in presto have been together for a few years, we know each others mannerisms, we can have debate in this forum without it leading to a fight, we usually discuss what each of us feel then leave it upto the race director, we are all big enough to have debate without name calling or going in the huff.

That had been my impression too. I don't feel like this describes your posts David. They are rude, and not helpful. I am not easily offended. After your first rude and unhelpful post I said nothing. I just waited, then tried to express my perspective. Your response is rude. I'm happy to admit I might be totally wrong, but I'm not happy to be called a liar. I did not think it was me that hit you. There seems to be no doubt that what happened on my screen (and my replay) is quite different to what happened on yours. To suggest that my explanation is a lie and that actually I knew full well it was me but didn't want to ruin my own race is offensive and does not in my opinion fall under the 'David is a colourful character' umbrella.

I'm away for the next day or two, but I will post a video of my replay when I return. There is no doubt I should have left more space. In my replay, I was in the hole, David moves left hitting the side of my car which is also moving left. He is catapulted forward which from my perspective suggested someone hit him from behind.

In terms of what to do about the race. I'm perfectly happy to have a re-run this Thursday if that's what people want to do. It's probably my preferred option simply because we get an extra race and I already feel quite prepared.

Sorry this isn't a happier message.

Tim.

Yo yo , id be happy for re run or as a extra race. Also like the disabling ingame chat and leaving decision up to director , i dont look at ingame messages anyway and think it should only be if above set number of dnfs or major damage in the 1st few corners of the 1st lap( i think this should be quite high say 5 cars ). Melbourne is a street track with litte runs off and barriers 1 incident leads to more. I myself was basically last after start and had suspension damage and go slow passing a few stricken cars and accident sites 1st lap but car felt ok after a lap so stayed out, so even in that situation i wouldnt have typed restart.
Also David n tim in my replay your cars dont touch and are about a tires width between them , so i think its been a lag issue yours cars being in 2 different places and you may be seeing 2 slightly different replays.

why at all, the grid was not correct in a row?
It has to do with the track version? or something like that can happen everywhere?
Please check out in replay - the area around position 15 - 17 during the start.
How do we explain this?
After I had seen at the start that, I had believed anyway, there's a new start,
or we can not online races with that circuit.

That had been my impression too. I don't feel like this describes your posts David. They are rude, and not helpful. I am not easily offended. After your first rude and unhelpful post I said nothing. I just waited, then tried to express my perspective. Your response is rude. I'm happy to admit I might be totally wrong, but I'm not happy to be called a liar. I did not think it was me that hit you. There seems to be no doubt that what happened on my screen (and my replay) is quite different to what happened on yours. To suggest that my explanation is a lie and that actually I knew full well it was me but didn't want to ruin my own race is offensive and does not in my opinion fall under the 'David is a colourful character' umbrella.

I'm away for the next day or two, but I will post a video of my replay when I return. There is no doubt I should have left more space. In my replay, I was in the hole, David moves left hitting the side of my car which is also moving left. He is catapulted forward which from my perspective suggested someone hit him from behind.

In terms of what to do about the race. I'm perfectly happy to have a re-run this Thursday if that's what people want to do. It's probably my preferred option simply because we get an extra race and I already feel quite prepared.

Sorry this isn't a happier message.

Tim.

rude and not helpfull?

shall we find the posts from our last incident and dig out the childish name calling you started then? then we will see who is rude and not helpfull, i type as i feel, i feel you made excuses and you still say its my fault, i moved over and hit your car? thats a crock, but im sick typing about it so ill let the race director decide actions here, i cant be bothered with stupid lag comments when its already been noted Tim says in his first report that it was him who caused the accident then proceeds to pass the blame to me.

- I am against restarting races and with full support of strict safety on track for more enjoyable competition, the race director and team members have been working hard to promote and improve safe driving and we have reached a high level of safety and we do not want to start rolling backwards, i believe we all need to stick to it , respect it and improve it . Mistakes happen but we should know the limit and we should not exceed it. After all we are here to have fun and the more drivers we have on track the more fun we have..

- Monaco and Melbourne are exceptional tracks, any mistake would be very costly on these tracks , we should pay additional attention here but still i believe we should have an exceptional permission to restart the race here in case a mass-accident happens , we should stay in the pit " as Peter mentioned in his post " and the race director would see the number of retired drivers and decide to red flag the race or not.

- I do not mind to leave the race as it is with the points, i do not like to rerun a race and change results, i believe every race has its own flavour and destiny and this was a special one and what is done is done , we move on to another one, besides the survivors fought hard for their points , but of course i would love to do another race on Wednesday on Melbourne track again but we can call it " race of champions " or something like that and the result will be posted in the forum ..

Grats Reik, Tim and Fabian and all others to

Q: P15

R: P12

I had a entertaining evening with some bad luck in the beginning.

It was a pretty lonely race but a few duels with Andy and team-mate Valter saved
the evening. thx guys:D

C U all on track

Guys I'm sorry, by reading and responding to all the side action here, I completely forgott to say "Thank you very much for your kind congratulations!" :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.