Season 5 Race 5 Monaco: Setup Discussion

I really do not have a clue how much downforce should be used with this mod on such a track. Normally (with the F3000) I would go close to full downforce, but I have a feeling that this mod could be a bit different.

All I know is that it should not be less downforce than the Singapore race, so I use the setup I used for that race (Jereh's) as a base and go from that, adding a bit downforce untill I feel I hit maximum.

Before I can start adding more downforce I need to learn the track well enough (roughly reach my limit at the track -> even lap times). Only when I am there I will be able to tell the effects of added downforce.

At the moment my setup looks like this:
View attachment monaco v1,0.svm

I'll update this post when my setup "evolve".

Remember, I am no wizzard on setup on this mod, but somebody might find it helpful, and it is based on the works of more skillful men :)

Thank you Nico for starting this thread and thanks for posting your setup :)

Same here, i start using my singapore setup with shorter gears, street trakcs are not my favorite, so i still do not know how much downforce i have to add as out of 10 i manage to do one clean lap, i am still learning the track and finding the right braking spots.

my best lap so far was 112-6 but i sitll do not know how i could make that time :tongue:...

Hi guys
If you go to Singapore set up discussion, go to page 3 and download Jere-Reik-F1 set up, than change the gear ratio to ; 15/37, 12/25/ 19/35, 21/32/, 20/28, and 7th gear to 57. And you should have a very good set up to start with. Thanks to Jere & Reik.

View attachment Q1.svm
I use a lot of wing and it keps the car off the walls all the time, I promise.
I have mixed up a soup of all skilled craftsmen's posted setups and added a lot of wing.
I have done 1.14.7. If you subtract 2 seconds that will be your approximate laptime.

I just started training yesterday and I'm with 12/60 wings. It feels OK for qualification, but for a race setup maybe a little more is needed, even with soft tires. Btw, what tires for the race? I haven't tested a full stint, but I think the softs are dead after 15 laps.

I've been experimenting with softer rear springs than normal and higher numbers on the dampers both front and rear, also using a 11/50 wing setup but I suspect it needs to go higher

Jim:cool:

Medium tires are good for 23 laps but to get the temperature you have to release hoards of pressure. I have tried about 95 - 100 Bar. I have soft rear springs, but now with the rear springs force increased to 76.

In my 1st test session of hot lapping, I found that by reducing the engine map [back to 2] I could get on the throttle earlier and without the car to trying to overtake itself as often.

Driving and adjusting suspension, gears, etc was a tad easier; and I did not need to pit for repairs quite as often. :)

For the race setup I tried out soft front tyres and medium rear tyres. It worked quite well although more testing is needed. It lead to much more even tyre wear on all 4 tyres. My race setup is availeble online in the game. (Please let me know if you do not know what the "online files" are or if you are not able to access them)

Hi Guys
What a racing track! I believe soft tires for the race is a must, you are going to pit more than twice anyway, a little mistake and will cause you suspension damage and you need to keep the tires temperature high. We all have to triple our patience, otherwise it’s going to be a big mess.
I’m working on a race set up, it needs some more tuning, when its ready I will load it up.

About tires : for the race setup, there's not much difference between mediums and hards with laptimes. I'm a little faster with the mediums in the first 4 laps, and slower after 20 laps. I recommend the hards then, it's safer and you'll be able to make consistent laps along the stint.

Thanks everyone post and say their opinion about this track:good:,I tried a bit of set but always a
sensation to drive with a spike in a middle of the car, one day is good a setup day after no more good, maybe a concentration problem :)
No necessary say I will drive up 12 eggs:egg::D

Question: but all the wall that we will break,we have to pay?:tongue:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes