AC Santa Monte Carlo@Monaco 1988, Thu 28th December 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Far better than expected, the Acty at Monaco!

Unfortunally I have to take a longer break for health reasons.
At the moment I can only use a controller to drive, which means to learn from zero. Nevertheless you will still see me on the practice servers last position :) from time to time. And I hope you will still allow me to take part in the racing discussions here.
Hi Dirk,

Take care, man. And get healthy as soon as you can.
And please keep active in our discussions! We like that!

Ok, just signed up for this funny one.

Do I get it right, the event takes place an hour earlier than most of the other events here?
Uh, no. I'll check it. It should be 20.00 CET.
1703753056650.png

Guys,

As you night have read, the provider of the RD servers had issues last night. It kinda ruined our second race. I'm sorry for that.

But it was fun until the moment the server went completely down. So I think we will see the Acty sometime again in 2024 on a free Thursday.

It was fun while it lasted Han, the wobly-wobly thing took a few laps to get used to, though :cool: . But after watching ‘The Bagley Beast’ or ‘Jolly Jason’ (*please select the one that suits most) flying in that thing and me being able to use his setup, I could finally break under the 40’s. So, thank you Jason!

One really has to enter a corner way before it there to make it to the apex. Like I said, took some time to get used to. And shifting up at just the right moment. Uphill felt sluggish when entering fourth gear, but there seemed to be some torque available to crawl up the hill.

And… you can flip this one on it’s side! I thought it was a kerb but it was more like the bounce back from a barrier at the wrong place wrong time.

Second race, chasing Partick at some point with Jason in the back of my truck, I was fast through the chicane behind the pitt and just too late to avoid hitting Partick, causing mayhem there, (sorry all!) so Han could take the lead :)

Shame the server went nuts halfway, but, just like Steve, I kept driving on my own, hehe… never give up! :laugh:

Thanks guys, happy new year!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea