Samsung Odyssey Plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
@Andrew_WOT I was having a weird issue last night in AC and iracing where the screen was just moving with me instead of staying in place. Basically, when I'd lean in, the whole cockpit would move and when I'd try to reset the view, it wouldn't do much. Any ideas? Hasn't happened before to me.

• Deleted member 197115

6dof did not register. Turn on the lights.
After initial install run WMR room setup with tracing, after that you can switch to standing/seating config. Try reset environment before doing that.

6dof did not register. Turn on the lights.
After initial install run WMR room setup with tracing, after that you can switch to standing/seating config. Try reset environment before doing that.

Turns out it's a light in the room issue. It was fine last night and then started moving with the screen again. My wife had turned off the lights and it lost it's boundary. I assume the only "fix" is to have the light on?

If your area is small like only used for sitting you only need a very small light.
I am using one of those usb reading lights high up over the wheel and hardly notice it but it is enough for the headset to track.
Add advantage is that it is automatic. If the computer is on the light is on!

It would annoy me to have to use a dedicated light for the Odyssey. That said, I'm a suicidal Rift user so a light doesn't seem like such a bad thing to have to put up with if it means I'm able to purge my soul of darkness.

It doesn't need much light, but something illuminating the room as it uses the cameras to see it's surroundings so it should be obvious really. What is fascinating about the WMR headsets, is if you cover the cameras it's still able to accurately track left and right head movements.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Stumbled upon this very nice video from Tyriel

• Deleted member 197115

Got a StudioForm strap featured in that video. Very impressed, factory build quality, very soft, and easy to adjust. A+ recommendation from me.
https://www.studioformcreative.com/
upload_2019-7-12_10-7-45.png

What about VR cover upgrade? Is it worth it?
I'm sweating pretty bad in those long league races with the stock cloth cover and afraid that fake leather is going to be even worse

I was worried about the leather or fake leather as opposed to the cloth face cushion but I'm pleasantly surprised at how it feels. Best thing is there's no sweat going into it so it always feels fresh. Barely need to even wipe it clean. I use the Kiwi Cover brand for my Pimax.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.