Same cars same livery

I have a problem with a Mazda RX8 I've downloaded from another site. Car comes with 8 different liveries. So I set up a race using other cars and the 8 RX8 teams. But the problem is the Mazdas start in pits but all with the same livery. If I exit the race and enter again the Mazdas appear again all with the same colours, only difference is the game doesn't always choose the same team.

I've been a long time checking .car files and I see nothing wrong?

Where is the mod from? If the different liveries show up in the showroom/menu but only one loads on track it could be that the material name for the body GMTs is incorrect and its just loading the first it comes across then duplicating. It won't show individual skins unless the material uses one of the 'WC' names; WC_TEAM_BODY1 for example.

And more difficult to find: a space or a wrong character in a file name ( as mentioned by Simon Gardner ) in the material.
In this case, the basic texture given to this material will appear for all cars.

Another issue, rare today but something to keep in mind, is if your game options are for "high res liveries" and a car doesn't have one it will display with the default low res livery.

Very interesting to know, @jgf ;)
As most of us with mid- or high range PCs are using "High Res Liveries", I couldn't even imagine that the fact you mentioned should happen.
BUT except surely if 2048*2048 body textures are inside a _TEX.gtr file and not in a ULTRA_TEX.gtr one ??? something I'm usually doing .... am I right ?

To the best of my knowledge the sim reads "ultra" files when high res is specified, regardless of what size images are in it or the standard tex files. So whatever is in the selected file will be displayed.

Ages ago on NoGrip I made numerous ultra tex versions of liveries for which only a standard res had been uploaded (not just enlarging the images, which would have looked rough, but tracking down the logos, etc., and making new files using the originals as patterns). All because so many people installed the original downloads and complained that the default liveries were still displayed ...and had to PM the files to those people because NoGrip wouldn't let me upload them (even though I took no credit for the design).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.