Sachsenring -Driver Names

Morning,

I've recently been finding on a few circuits that when i click for driver names to appear when racing they dont appear above the car, they are all gathered to the side of the circuit in one spot. What might be causing this? One circuit in particular is the Sachsenring. I edited the surfaces file, but other than that the track remains as is...does editing the values in the surfaces file corrupt the circuit?

Could you make a video of that maybe?

Sachsenring uses a lot of CSP features, some like the opening garage doors that not a lot of other tracks use ... maybe it's a case of the patch changing or storing data at the wrong memory address.

Try other tracks with many features, maybe there's one exact feature causing this.

Last edited:
Ok I will try, it's a bit of a work up as I only have triples and do most of my recording with a go pro. Basically, not sure if I explained it that well, but the names appear above the cars when you go past the start finish line, then as soon as the ai turn into turn one the names then stay stuck and clustered together at the end of the straight, with all the names overlapping one another at the bottom of the start straight. So it might be the garages causing it then? As the issue is arising by the start straight/garages area...

Ok I will try, it's a bit of a work up as I only have triples and do most of my recording with a go pro. Basically, not sure if I explained it that well, but the names appear above the cars when you go past the start finish line, then as soon as the ai turn into turn one the names then stay stuck and clustered together at the end of the straight, with all the names overlapping one another at the bottom of the start straight. So it might be the garages causing it then? As the issue is arising by the start straight/garages area...
a screenshot may do as well :D Just tried on my version (normally never run with driver names), but it works fine here at Sachsenring, with the second to last CSP version, as the very last was recommended against).
Does it happen with CSP deactivated completely?

Last edited:
Better late than never!! Sorry...

Attachments

• 20220225202707_1.jpg
    20220225202707_1.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks