rF2 S397 Endurance @ Spa-Franchorchamps - Fri 27 Oct 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Cheers for the race chaps, fun combo that one. Had Michael pushing me start to finish, seemed the Aston had a touch more pace down the straights so decided to keep the gap around a second rather than push flat out and kill the tyres. Mediums just about made it, it was getting a bit sketchy towards the end!

Thanks for taking part, guys :) Was fun watching Chris and Michael pushing each other towards the end there after I got DQ'd for headlights.

I re-watched my stream, and I see that I did indeed put my headlights on on the grid before the race, but it seemingly got reset by the game with the fast formation lap. The same fate was shared with Andrew who I think did the exact same thing as me...

Cheers for the race chaps, fun combo that one. Had Michael pushing me start to finish, seemed the Aston had a touch more pace down the straights so decided to keep the gap around a second rather than push flat out and kill the tyres. Mediums just about made it, it was getting a bit sketchy towards the end!
Great race mate, really good pace! Quali was a mess, always screwed up one corner pretty bad but at least it was enough for P2. You seemed to have more straight line speed maybe due to lower rear wing but I pushed start to finish and felt I had a bit more pace about half way through. Got very unlucky being lapped at the exact same corner loosing 4 tenth every time when I got really close. Had to push hard to regain und umltimately made a mistake exiting bus stop that was the final nail in the coffin.
Good fun though overall!

I do have Interlagos on the calendar for next weeks race, but I am not sure which cars to use there... I had initially planned to use the GT3s, but they have been far from popular this autumn. Will have a good think about this to sunday and then decide :)
BTCC would work as well. Stil have a setup I couldn't use last time cause the server kicked me :D

Great race mate, really good pace! Quali was a mess, always screwed up one corner pretty bad but at least it was enough for P2. You seemed to have more straight line speed maybe due to lower rear wing but I pushed start to finish and felt I had a bit more pace about half way through. Got very unlucky being lapped at the exact same corner loosing 4 tenth every time when I got really close. Had to push hard to regain und umltimately made a mistake exiting bus stop that was the final nail in the coffin.
Good fun though overall!
Your best lap times in the race were 0.005s apart, so I can confirm that you were on similar pace :D

I do have Interlagos on the calendar for next weeks race, but I am not sure which cars to use there... I had initially planned to use the GT3s, but they have been far from popular this autumn. Will have a good think about this to sunday and then decide :)
Endurance multi-class there would be great. I think GT3 racing has started to get a bit long in the tooth now, keeping an eye out for faster class cars was great fun last night.

Endurance multi-class there would be great. I think GT3 racing has started to get a bit long in the tooth now, keeping an eye out for faster class cars was great fun last night.

If only I’d made it round to you!:laugh:

I agree about the GT3’s, would be good to rest the variety on offer in rF2. If the field is as small as last night, even BTCC could be decent for some pack racing.

I do like the BTCC cars a lot, though I might have overdone it (and been told off for doing so) with using them quite frequently before the summer break. But the last race we did with them was almost 4 months ago... Decisions, decisions :laugh:

The race with the GTE last night remindet me how good rf2 is when the package is nearly perfect. No other sim has that special feel when everything comes together. I'm really looking forward to LMU, hopefully it will be as good as i hope.

A question is how Rd can attract more people to join. Its not only rf2 where the player count droped. Yes, LFM took away some attention, but even a subpar clubrace with nice and respectful drivers here at rd is better than one LFM race.

For next week, maybe an LMP2/LMP3 Multiclass event?

A question is how Rd can attract more people to join. Its not only rf2 where the player count droped. Yes, LFM took away some attention, but even a subpar clubrace with nice and respectful drivers here at rd is better than one LFM race.
Fully agree, I prefer that any day!

I personally like the GT3s in rF2, they feel more alive to me than in other games but looks like I'm pretty alone with that. It would be awesome to have a Nordschleife Endurance multiclass with GT3 / BTCC but I guess we'd need a few more people for that.
I also like the Class 1 BMW but that did not attract many people in the past either :cry:

What I loved about the club races is also the variety of less known tracks we used in the past that keeps things interesting.

For next week, maybe an LMP2/LMP3 Multiclass event?
I personally like the GT3s in rF2, they feel more alive to me than in other games but looks like I'm pretty alone with that. It would be awesome to have a Nordschleife Endurance multiclass with GT3 / BTCC but I guess we'd need a few more people for that.
I also like the Class 1 BMW but that did not attract many people in the past either :cry:

What I loved about the club races is also the variety of less known tracks we used in the past that keeps things interesting.

An issue we've had is when we do something different from normal, numbers have often dropped for that race - which in itself isn't an issue. However, it has often taken a lot of time to get the numbers back. This have cause the Fridays to be more "stale" and cyclical(is that a word?) than Mondays and Thursdays.

Some of the reason why it's dropped off is that I've been away for a long time. Not that I am a magician... But I used to do some liveries, do some results. A giphy here and a giphy there, but since the football season started up, and my half-lifetime relationship went bust. It have a been a lot of work, but actual paid work, but also mentally, by myself and with a shrink. A work year in Norway is basically meant as a full year (52 weeks), minus 4 weeks + 1 day as minimum holiday time (and then we obv. got bank holidays etc.) I will be doing a full year of work in terms of hours from Mid-March to Mid-late November. So that's 11 months of work hours done in 8 months. Not much time for racing then.

Also... While LFM have stolen some drivers. The rF2 beta thingy as well. But I genuinely do believe that the fact that it costs money to race at RD is the biggest issue. Yes we have clean, great racing and a community. But for people trying to join in... They won't know that, and why should they pay (even though it is a very small amount) when they can race for free elsewhere.

Oh well. As I said, I'm no magician, but I really hope the trend can be broken during the winter! :)

On a sidenote. There might be a no-race Friday the 10th of November. Me and Roy will be travelling to Sweden that day to do a 6hr race on the 11th.

It would be awesome to have a Nordschleife Endurance multiclass with GT3 / BTCC but I guess we'd need a few more people for that.
This is something I would love to do too, but as you say we probably would need triple the ammount of drivers we have now for it to really be worth it.

That being said, it could possibly be a special event to set up as the last one before the christmas break or something :geek:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.