RSS URD and Other Paid Mods

Following your advice, and considering the reasonable price, I've purchased the GT pack by RSS. I'm also considering the prototypes packs by VRC. However, I must say I'm not too much into race cars and I would be much more interested in quality mods of street cars. Can you recommend some decent paid mods? Thank you.

Following your advice, and considering the reasonable price, I've purchased the GT pack by RSS. I'm also considering the prototypes packs by VRC. However, I must say I'm not too much into race cars and I would be much more interested in quality mods of street cars. Can you recommend some decent paid mods? Thank you.
Unfortunately I don't know any decent pay ware road car mods but have a look at the need for speed mods here on race department and also the Singer Porsche. They are all very good.

RSS mods are awful in my opinion. Not worth downloading even if free. They don’t approximate F1 well at all and they are cartoonish. The main problem though is that F1 isn’t a spec series and they only make one car to represent the entire field… sure you can change the sound… but remember you paying for this crap. URD is expensive and inaccurate, but more fun to drive. I’ve wasted my money on both and find I get more enjoyment from Bezza’s free car packs and the ASR paid content. As an open wheel racer, I can tell you the RSS product, however popular, is offensive to those of us really racing open wheelers and I cannot recommend it unless you want to have spec races with friends and don’t care at all about realism.

Last edited:
If you are into VR there is also something else you should be aware of. Think the problem with all those paid mods is that the maker(s) are creating those mods for mainly flat screen and not for VR use, because they do not have any VR-HS. Look as an sample to all those tracks you can find here RD, despite having 5star judgement some are turning to complete rubbish in VR.

So my advice for VR racers about paid mods, check first if they do have an free try-out model and test them out. Same is also counting for paid tracks.

edit, seems a mistake is going-on, I’m only talking about the quality of mods in VR mode, not about it does not work in VR or driver position problems, only VR eye candy.

Last edited:
If you are into VR there is also something else you should be aware of. Think the problem with all those paid mods is that the maker(s) are creating those mods for mainly flat screen and not for VR use, because they do not have any VR-HS. Look as an sample to all those tracks you can find here RD, despite having 5star judgement some are turning to complete rubbish in VR.

So my advice for VR racers about paid mods, check first if they do have an free try-out model and test them out. Same is also counting for paid tracks.
Sorry what is VR-HS? All mods I've used have worked fine in VR, it's not any of the original Kunos content was made for VR either.

RSS mods are awful in my opinion. Not worth downloading even if free. They don’t approximate F1 well at all and they are cartoonish. The main problem though is that F1 isn’t a spec series and they only make one car to represent the entire field… sure you can change the sound… but remember you paying for this crap. URD is expensive and inaccurate, but more fun to drive. I’ve wasted my money on both and find I get more enjoyment from Bezza’s free car packs and the ASR paid content. As an open wheel racer, I can tell you the RSS product, however popular, is offensive to those of us really racing open wheelers and I cannot recommend it unless you want to have spec races with friends and don’t care at all about realism.

Dead. I'm absolutely dead. Best take of all time. :laugh:

best bait i saw in months :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea