RSRBR2012 Update 06

Warren Dawes

Premium
Update 06 has now been released.
http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=351&t=13226

This Update includes three new Stages. One observation re the Akagi Stage, you will find that you can't watch the replay immediately after driving the Stage. I believe (based on info from RallyeSim) that this is due to some protections built into the software. However, it is possible to save the replay after driving the Stage, and you can then run the replay using RSRBR SSE as normal. This will work one time only, and to watch the replay again, you need to relaunch RSRBR SSE again.

I know I had the same problem with one of the BTB track pack. It helped when I changed the location to where it downloaded that file because my Chrome`s default location was somehow broken (?). Plenty of *.exe files do similar stuff if I download them to the default location. I believe its somewhere there man. Maybe try different browser. And do you have enough HDD space for the file? :p Silly thought but it happens. Therefore the file would show that it has been downloaded but be broken.

Maybe you have skype or something so I can transer it to you? I think it is browser problem.

It is likely that you can still run the RDRC Round without this Update. I don't think it changed anything that we are using.

I have been thinking of that and actually thought of asking, but you managed to read my mind all the way from the other side of the globe :) And thanks for the good news!

And Viesturs, I had already tried many different locations, both with Chrome and IE, and have more than enough space on my drives :) Have since downloaded other files to the same locations and they worked fine. But I guess we can try that skype transfer ;)

Have you had this installed before on the machine you’re trying to install it on now?? if yes have you just uninstalled the game, if yes has it all gone from the registry ?? Or have you formatted hdd ? Fresh install?? Has RBR installed correctly?? Is it working What os are you on?

i seem to remember when i installed RS centre it was all in French and took me a few goes to get it right !

It has nothing to do with most of what you said above, Andrew. Daniel cant even open the file. The error is familiar, but the proposed solution I found on the internet is not working for him. Im out of ideas as well now. Im pretty sure it has something to do with Win 7 or maybe antivirus. It seems like a security problem.

Do you want to know my favourite colour too? :) Well the answer to your first question is no since I don't even manage to start the file, so that saves me answering all the other questions lol.

Never had problems before, just this one file that does not want to run, but I'm going to live with it this way for now ;)

EDIT: Got blitzed by you guys! I will try to switch off the AV and see how it goes.

Do you want to know my favourite colour too? :) Well the answer to your first question is no since I don't even manage to start the file, so that saves me answering all the other questions lol.

Never had problems before, just this one file that does not want to run, but I'm going to live with it this way for now ;)

EDIT: Got blitzed by you guys! I will try to switch off the AV and see how it goes.

EDIT: Still the same thing. Maybe I have a virus and my computer doesn't even know about it :D

I'm getting confused about your problem now. :confused:
You originally said you downloaded the Update 06 but it wouldn't run when you clicked it.

Out of interest, I assume you still have the Update 05 install file? If so, what happens if you try to run it again? If it runs ok, it won't matter if you install that one again.
If Update 05 won't run now either, then it looks like your registry may be corrupted and it can't find your RBR Install.

EDIT: One more wild idea to check, what is your UAC setting? Have you tried turning it off?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.