AC Round 20 of 23 Formula Agile@Mexico Thu, 26th Oct 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

abecede

Premium
mexico.jpg

NEW APPLICANTS WELCOME!

On October 26th, four days before the Formula 1 event, we will drive in Mexico. In case you don't have the track, there will be an "Install missing content" button in Content Manager for you. Click it, and after the download choose to install from the usual green menu in the top right corner. Join the practice server for some quick laps!

First, there is an optional 60 minutes practice session, then a qualifying session which lasts for 20 minutes (plus a bit for people to finish their current hotlap).
The race format for this round is: one 60 minutes race, pit stop IS mandatory.

Further info (like weather etc.) can be found on the championship page by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS at the bottom of the page in the Mexico event area.

Made some test lap yesterday, fun track. I already loved it when racing in F1 21, I'm appreciating this Assetto Corsa version, though not being a setup monster I'm not sure towards which direction to point.
Given there's just one long straight, I tried a high downforce setup and got my best time with that. I'll see how it goes.

I really liked the Mexico track and had fun racing today even though I finished dead last. Made no major mistakes except one where I punted Steve off the track on the opening lap entering the stadium. @Steve, I am really sorry. I was following too closely and completely misjudged the braking. It was great trying to keep up with you after that.

So sad only 7 of us at the finish.

Thanks to Markus and Han for setting up the race.

Congratz to the podium , cool track a bit tricky with those car probably was also my car suffering from understeer specialy in fast corners at the point that i had to use the kerb which was tricky , 1 half i made a big mistake lost the control of the car in the fast part and almost sent it into the wall lost many secs p3 but hey never surrender even if was a really hard comeback cause in the first half i was a bit slower than Jason , 2 half fresh tyres less fuel with an undercut i made it to p2 gaining on Jason lap by lap after Jason pitted i was like 12-10sec behind i dont remember correctly , i was lucky that Jason made some mistake and made it to p1 gaining time knew that in the last minute's was going to be hard for the tyres cause of the undercut last 6-7 laps i saw my gap decreasing from Jason and made a huge mistake an incident with Dai Feng sorry for that thinking you was letting me by on the inside cause of the blue flag , lucky enough quickly after that Jason did another mistake and i ended p1 with safe gap. my race strategy was max fuel at the start and +10L and tyres on the second part.

Sorry for having to leave but my ping was ranging in between 1700 and 2400 ms, it would have been a mess trying to race. I hit (or was hit by) someone during the quali, I couldn't understand who he was, maybe Paul? Apologies as regardless of how the problem happened, the responsibility is mine due to such a bad connection.

Trying to re-balance my motorsports karma at Imola today (though not driving :roflmao:
)
IMG_20231028_102438.jpg

IMG_20231028_114835.jpg
IMG_20231028_114803.jpg
IMG_20231028_114720.jpg
IMG_20231028_110917.jpg
IMG_20231028_111143.jpg
IMG_20231028_111722.jpg

First time in a few years that the paddock is open, together with some grandstands. Really enjoyable experience.

Didn't know about Lorenzo racing here (I knew he was teaching in the Porsche Cup, but I didn't thought it was the series which is here today).

I really liked the Mexico track and had fun racing today even though I finished dead last. Made no major mistakes except one where I punted Steve off the track on the opening lap entering the stadium. @Steve, I am really sorry. I was following too closely and completely misjudged the braking. It was great trying to keep up with you after that.

So sad only 7 of us at the finish.

Thanks to Markus and Han for setting up the race.
Hey Dai, you hit me so hard my rear wing was not happy. At 20% damage i dont know how it happened. It looked like you forgot the corner was there you were closing so fast. Anyway, crap happens . Blame it on the setup i gave you :roflmao::roflmao:

... i saw my gap decreasing from Jason and made a huge mistake an incident with Dai Feng sorry for that thinking you was letting me by on the inside cause of the blue flag ...
Hi Fulvio,

At end of the previous straight, you looked quit far back and well ahead of next guy, not knowing you were in a hurry, I planned to let you by at the following straight. I figured if I tried to do something different in the turns (like slow down earlier to make through the corner wider than the normal to let people pass inside), it may just cause more problem for people following closely.

Unless people tells me that is not correct way of handling blue flag, that is what I will continue to do to be predictable. Hopefully it is better for everyone.

Hi Fulvio,

At end of the previous straight, you looked quit far back and well ahead of next guy, not knowing you were in a hurry, I planned to let you by at the following straight. I figured if I tried to do something different in the turns (like slow down earlier to make through the corner wider than the normal to let people pass inside), it may just cause more problem for people following closely.

Unless people tells me that is not correct way of handling blue flag, that is what I will continue to do to be predictable. Hopefully it is better for everyone.
I went back to look at the replay and just realized how crazily faster you drove out of the double right hander than me -- I should have checked helicorsa before turned in.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.6%