AMS2 Rookies | P3 @ Campo Grande - Friday 15 April 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Did any of you have this option set to "yes"? It muffles the sounds, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually show the helmet with people who use a 21:9 screen or triple monitors.
For reference, a proper race legal helmet should not be visible when worn except right at the periphery of the top and bottom of your view (a little at the bottom and a just perceivable bit at the top, nothing to the left or right). Neither a monitor nor VR headset is likely to have the vertical FoV to cover it. This is just the opinion of a grumpy old biker though, so by all means, if you feel like it improves immersion or it's just more 'fun', go for it :D

Last edited:
For reference, a proper race legal helmet should not be visible when worn except right at the periphery of the top and bottom of your view (a little at the bottom and a just perceivable bit at the top, nothing to the left or right). Neither a monitor nor VR headset is likely to have the vertical FoV to cover it. This is just the opinion of a grumpy old biker though, so by all means, if you feel like it improves immersion or it's just more 'fun', go for it :D
I see loads of my racing helmet in real life, no idea what you're talking about....

*ah, I've been wearing it backwards* :roflmao:

I'm running late, but I should make the race. Fortunately, I know the track from a previous event, so hopefully I can up to speed in a couple of laps. IIRC, I must join in qualy right? I seem to remember that you can only spectate after that.

Thanks for arranging this Bram and all the guys involved! was great fun again tonight :)

I am a little disappointed by my end position, as i did put quite a bit of practice in. I struggled hooking up a few of the corners tonight.

Another sterling performance by Mr Leach though!

Have a top Easter chaps and see you on the track next week.

Francis

Cheers all for the race tonight. Made a last minute change to the setup for the dry and think I broke something. Couldn’t get the temps down in my right side tyres and it really didn’t make for a fun experience after a few laps.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 205 88.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 32 13.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 64 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 79 34.2%