Rfactor crash on start-up

First time that I experience this. This afternoon I started Refactor, a few updates where installed automatically, Kyalami latest from GEM, Enso CLM PI update and one more I believe but now when stasting the RF@ logo is coming on screen and short after it crash.
I tried to logout and login again on Steam but it did not chaged. I tryed V2122 but it was the same and reverted to none. What can I do?

First time that I experience this. This afternoon I started Refactor, a few updates where installed automatically, Kyalami latest from GEM, Enso CLM PI update and one more I believe but now when stasting the RF@ logo is coming on screen and short after it crash.
I tried to logout and login again on Steam but it did not chaged. I tryed V2122 but it was the same and reverted to none. What can I do?
Rename the UserData folder(for example; UserData_OLD). This will allow rF2 to install a new version of that folder. Then you can copy your controller ini files from the old renamed folder into your fresh clean install.
If that does not help, try and observe any error messages so we can hopefully localize the issue.

What Dave said but be aware when you do and boot rF2 it will ask you to select 1 of 3 mod packages and download any content in the pack you don't have installed

Try first clearing the Manifests folder same thing rF2 will remake files
If you have made rfmods their mft files will also be replaced as you use them

You can also try reinstalling the 4 runtimes in rFactor2\Support\Runtimes

Last edited:
Thank you Davehenrie and Durge Driven. I applied your suggesdtions and it is working agan. The UI looks different now but it don't matter. Step by step I moved back the content of the UserData OLD to the new one no issue. Only one file I did not move back a replay temp.rfm
Glad that it works again. Thank you.

Rename the UserData folder(for example; UserData_OLD). This will allow rF2 to install a new version of that folder. Then you can copy your controller ini files from the old renamed folder into your fresh clean install.
If that does not help, try and observe any error messages so we can hopefully localize the issue.
Hi Davehenrie. , As I mentioned yesterday, following your suggestions I got RFactor working again. However, when the car is driven by AI, I have a lot of Stuttering in drver view (cockpit view). What can I do to solve the issue?

Hi Davehenrie. , As I mentioned yesterday, following your suggestions I got RFactor working again. However, when the car is driven by AI, I have a lot of Stuttering in drver view (cockpit view). What can I do to solve the issue?
I haven't seen that, mainly because I rarely turn the car over to the AI. GTR2 had 2nd driver files so you had an identified and tailored 2nd driver. I don't think rF2 can do that, you just get the computer taking over with zero difference any time you give it control.
So, not having seen the stuttering, can you tell us which car & track you were using? Also the number AI, time of day, etc. The lower the sun on the horizon(dawn/dusk) the more the light affect framerate. Rain is also a big impact on fps. So car & track and we'll go from there.

I haven't played RF2 for about two weeks now and never had any issues.
I just downloaded the Flat 6 mod and launched RF2: Crash to desktop saying there is 'some sort of problem'. Checked the graphics and put them down a bit . Did an integrity check but to no avail. Still CTD.

I googled/searched on RF2 forums and couldn't find anything.

Apart from the loading times taking ages and now a bit less I never had any issues with rF2.

Anybody?

Cheers
Robin

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies