Repco Valiant Charger

Cars Repco Valiant Charger 2023-08-11

Login or Register an account to download this content
BJ911 submitted a new resource:

Repco Valiant Charger - Australian Sports Sedan from the 1970's, based on the two-door Valiant Charger

This car was a one-off Sports Sedan based on the Charger, the two-door variant of the Australian-built Chrysler Valiant sedan, which was sold in Australia in the 1970's.

Sports Sedan racing in Australia was at its peak in the 1970's, and each car was unique. With a bit of assistance from Chrysler Australia, F5000 driver John McCormack constructed this one-off model.

The car was variously known as the Repco Charger, the Ansett Charger (main sponsor Ansett Airlines) or the McCormack Charger...

Read more about this resource...

Very cool. We need more sports sedans from the southern hemisphere, like the Sidchrome Mustang, the Big M/Winfield Falcon, Trevor Crowe's starlets (2 versions were created), Aus and NZ had some very cool sports sedans back in the day before Trans Am. Since you have a charger, is it possible that you can edit it to create the NZ one, the Addis Charger? http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/03/circuit-outlaw-addis-charger/
Thank you "nzhistorymod". I would love to create more cars. Problem is they take many months to do properly. It would be encouraging if people occasionally clicked on the PayPal links associated with these things.

Thank you "nzhistorymod". I would love to create more cars. Problem is they take many months to do properly. It would be encouraging if people occasionally clicked on the PayPal links associated with these things.
know the feeling, but having said that, the team I have assembled are continuing to work on mods without paypal donations or other support from the community.

Very cool. We need more sports sedans from the southern hemisphere, like the Sidchrome Mustang, the Big M/Winfield Falcon, Trevor Crowe's starlets (2 versions were created), Aus and NZ had some very cool sports sedans back in the day before Trans Am. Since you have a charger, is it possible that you can edit it to create the NZ one, the Addis Charger? http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/03/circuit-outlaw-addis-charger/
kinda rude, guy spends god knows how much time on this mod and you just straight away ask him to make others

kinda rude, guy spends god knows how much time on this mod and you just straight away ask him to make others
oh look there goes the point, over your head, but hey why not just never mention potential future projects, far easier to just say nothing, right? I guess no one is allowed to make a suggestion of another car that uses the same model to add further content. Sorry that it offended you so much

Last edited:
You have to admit, it's kind of disheartening when you release a mod, and the very first comment in the discussion thread is a request for a different mod.

It's like the mod (and the effort involved) just passed you by. You typed two words about his car and then went completely off-topic.

In this instance, maybe a PM would have been more appropriate, if you wanted to discuss other projects.

I'm not suggesting that we should wrap people up in cotton wool, but sometimes a little encouragement goes a long way :)

You have to admit, it's kind of disheartening when you release a mod, and the very first comment in the discussion thread is a request for a different mod.

It's like the mod (and the effort involved) just passed you by. You typed two words about his car and then went completely off-topic.

In this instance, maybe a PM would have been more appropriate, if you wanted to discuss other projects.

I'm not suggesting that we should wrap people up in cotton wool, but sometimes a little encouragement goes a long way :)
welcome to today's society, where everyone is so easily offended. what more did you want me to write, I said I thought it was cool and made comment that more of this category is needed, I didnt ask him to make new cars, and certainly wasnt off topic, as it was all related to the same era.
I wasnt aware there were so many that got offended by a simple discussion, posted about the era of this car. The only thing I asked the modder was if it were possible to do edits to his car that used the same body, but hey, sorry that it doesnt fall into your requirements of what is allowed in a forum for discussions.

hi my qestion is to the developer, great job on making these two cars but you forgot one very special car that started the mid engine charger craze and the is the Ian Diffen charger. Is the any way of adding the Diffen charger livery to these cars. its a vey iconic car just a equal to the Edmonson and mc Cormack cars,
regards

Attachments

• 20210228_110109.jpg
    20210228_110109.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20210228_110857.jpg
    20210228_110857.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210228_105934.jpg
    20210228_105934.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 29
hi my qestion is to the developer, great job on making these two cars but you forgot one very special car that started the mid engine charger craze and the is the Ian Diffen charger. Is the any way of adding the Diffen charger livery to these cars. its a vey iconic car just a equal to the Edmonson and mc Cormack cars,
regards

hello, i have made a skin for the Ian Diffen charger but i an unable to actually make a car out of it,( not teck savey ) i was wondering if i could email it to you , and if you can complete it and add it to your collection for a public download, my email is ronahanson@gmail.com
many thanks Ron:)

hello, i have made a skin for the Ian Diffen charger but i an unable to actually make a car out of it,( not teck savey ) i was wondering if i could email it to you , and if you can complete it and add it to your collection for a public download, my email is ronahanson@gmail.com
many thanks Ron:)
Hello ron037, I don't think you are aware, but there was only ever ONE McCormack Charger. The only reason I made two skins for it was because John McCormack sold it, and it was later driven by Tony Edmondson. They were not two separate cars. So a skin for a totally different car, such as the Diffen car, would be completely inappropriate. To create the Diffen car accurately would require a great deal of time and effort.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.