flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Renault Alpine / Porsche 904-6 GTS
Track: Virginia International Raceway
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - one timed lap
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Race1 - Renault Alpine / Race2 - 904-6
Note3: v1.0 of the GTC-65 skinpack

Sorry guys, couldn't make it tonight - had a rough week with work and personal live getting pretty stressful. I will be back next Thursday (out of town Tues)

Hope you guys had fun, can't wait to get back on track!

Jesus, that was a close one... I'm really sorry about that David...

Couldn't drive the Porsche at all. Alpine was great out of the box, brake pressure and differential adjustments, and that's all, loved it. But this... Very unstable everywhere, under braking, over bumps... It was awful.

I like the car, and I'm not even last with it -> connection lost.
I hate the car, and I'm a hazard to everyone around -> connection 5 by 5.

I am with Senad in this, Alpine was nice one, I fell in love in it in a while... but that Porsche - do you know that feelings, when the car is oversteering everywhere, but when you need to make the turn it is understeering?

I am sorry Steve, I lost brake control, was watching your line and spun just in front of you, I was making my best to avoid you (crash myself), I am glad you missed me

:)

Good racing as always with GTL. Glad be back again. :)

Race 1 Alpine:

Bad q lap. Went abit wide at Oak Tree but still 5th.

Start was decent. Bob overtook some guys with a launch start. I picked up some places in the following laps. Had a nice little fight with Steven and tried to keep up with Dariusz. Got a little gap to Steven after that and still could follow Dariusz. Only last lap Dariusz spun at Oak Tree and took second. Didnt like the Alpine in the beginning but after some good ammount off laps it grew in me. :)

Race 2: Porsche

Quite a good lap. Was happy with 3th.
Had a bad start. Didnt practice a start with it so didnt really know what to expect. Still could keep some people behind me.
But i think Bob was again like a rocket off the line but went to deep in T1 i think. In T1 somebody spun infront of me and barely managed to avoid him. After 2 laps i had a good run on Stu until he lost it i think in the braking zone?
Lap later Steven went a little wide in T1 so took P1 with Ralf behind. We had a nice little battle but out of nowhere i lost it abit in T1 but could keep it on track but lost the position. After that he pulled away abit and i pulled away from Steven. So took again 2th. :)
Really liked the Porsche. Bit more weight to it then the Alpine. And nice controllable oversteer. :)

Virginia is abit the secret great track. Not very known by alot of people. But its a great and always intense track.
Thanks for organising Stu. :)

That was a good nights entertainment, good to be back in the Alpine, which I drove in Season 4's RDHGP and is a peach of a car to drive, and after some tweaking too the 904/6 was a blast.

Race 1 - Alpine

As ever Bob "The Rocket" Hutchins got a perfect start and took a few places on the run up to T1, unfortunately he got tagged and I made it through into P4 followed closely by Ivo. The next few laps was spent chasing Dave and holding off Ivo, which culminated in a nice run down the back straight me trying to pass Dave on the left, Ivo trying to pass both of us on the right, screaming past our braking zone, Dave losing the back end, I struggled to to slow it down and Ivo nipped past us both. :)

The rest of the race was spent watching Ivo catch Darius and me holding on for P4

Race 2 - Porcshe 904/6

I spent the majority of practice before the official start of the evening lapping in the Porcshe as I'm not too familiar with it and found it to be a right Royal pain in the backside, oversteer, understeer, bouncing all over the track. I wasn't really looking forward to the race.

In the 20 minuet practice I managed to get the beast under control with a few experiments with the diff (40/40). This awkward beast was now a real joy to drive and that culminated in a P2 for quali, managing to break into the 2.09's.

That then turned into a 1st place start on the grid when Ralf decided to change his car, having just thrashed us all in the slower ;) 904/4 and had to start from the back of the Grid.

The start was awesome, I managed to get a cracking start zipped off the line then watched my rear view mirror with slight concern as "The Rocket" came looming into view then zipping off to the left to avoid what would of been an almight good smash. Thanks to Bob's unselfish act, I managed to hold on to P1 for about 4 laps, until as Ivo mentioned, I went just a tad too deep into T1 allowing Ivo and Ralf through. Unable to close them down I just concentrated on keeping P3, easing of a little too much allowing Bob Miley to slowly close up. With only 4 laps to go it was time to put the foot down and secure the last podium spot

Great event and a nice track. Congrats to Ralf on the double win, also Ivo and Darius for their podium finishes.

Cheers too for those participating, nice to see the grid size growing. :)

Well after some good praci & loved both cars settled into the mid pack in quali. As some have reported got a blinding start in both races. Race 1, had to follow DC round the first few turns, he was a bit raggady so I had to consentrate on keeping my position. Half way round the lap DC goes wide onto the grass, comes back on behind me and then taps me out in the next turn. Had to wait for the whole field to pass but did manage to haul myself back up to 5th in the end.

Race 2, after my rocket start I had to take to the inside going throw the right kink and had 2 wheels on the grass. I then looked back to see that I hadn't caused anyone any probs & to see if I could move over to the left for T1. When I came back to my front view I then realised I had gone way past the braking marker & saw that P1 was coming up fast. So as to not take him out or cause T1 carnage I decided to take myself out of the equation by heading off to the grass on the left. Again got back on track & had some nice little battles getting back up the order coming home in 7th, me thinks.

Grts to Ralf on both wins, wd rest of podium & thanks to all for showing up & racing. Oh, nearly forgot, thx to Stu for putting it all together, real star...................

Some good fun there but personally inconsistent.

I forgot how light-weight the alpine was so, as Bob said, I was a bit raggady. Sorry for the tap Bob, I thought you were already into a spin before I touched. Quite a few off track moments in the first race.

Had never driven the 904-6 before but must admit to really falling for it. Needs some work on a set-up for feel but found it a lot of fun. Still threw it off track a few times but had a some good moments.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.