Remove the ACC Tracks/Cars section

Lol, they have essentially shot themselves in the foot by outlawing mods. I do not have the game but this certainly does not foment interest.
ACC is based on a real racing series, thus they are using data coming from real manufacturers such as Pirelli and the car manufacturers themselves.

I think ACC is doing just fine as a racing simulator based on the racing series from SRO.
1679346293515.png

What we can assume is that Assetto Corsa 2 (or 3 depending if you count ACC as AC2), will have support for modding just like Asetto Corsa.

All sims are based on real racing series, using data acquired from those series.

No idea what that graphic has to impart to the topic, but had other sims I enjoy not allowed mods I'd have quickly lost interest. It is the variety of cars and tracks that keeps them from getting stale; GPL will be 25 years old this year and still has a strong following (and it was never designed to be modded); GTR2 and rfactor are still popular mainly due to the many mods. For many people creating mods is as much fun as playing the game itself. ACC has taken the MS approach - "here is our software, use it the way we say or don't use it".

All sims are based on real racing series, using data acquired from those series.

No idea what that graphic has to impart to the topic, but had other sims I enjoy not allowed mods I'd have quickly lost interest. It is the variety of cars and tracks that keeps them from getting stale; GPL will be 25 years old this year and still has a strong following (and it was never designed to be modded); GTR2 and rfactor are still popular mainly due to the many mods. For many people creating mods is as much fun as playing the game itself. ACC has taken the MS approach - "here is our software, use it the way we say or don't use it".

They have to because they have contracts with pirelli and the car manufacturers.

For Assetto Corsa they released 2 tutorial guides on their own website, We rarely see any company release actual video tutorials on how to mod their own software.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.