Relative Overlay

Misc Relative Overlay 1.0.0.12

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello, i really like this overlay, way simpler and nice than any simHub overlay i've found. And it is "lighter" for the PC than a SimHub overlay or RacelabApp overlay for example, which is important because rF2 is very heavy on resources.

Can you do something about the last lap appearing too often in "Invalid Data" ?

Looks normal if player made an offtrack or else but then it's often always "Invalid Data" in races and that is a bit annoying.

Are there any way to keep last "valid" lap and mark it in a way we know it's not the current like in Italic or something else ...

Thanks again for this app.

Last edited:
Hi Martin,
I previously donated you some money and thanked you for this awesome app that I used with my Oculus Rift in rF2. I've since moved on to using an HP Reverb G2 headset. I now have to use the Windows Mixed Reality app to "pin" your app into the VR view. But this method results in a windows border around the Relative App window and also quite small font in the window itself. It makes it really difficult to use in VR. So, similar to Alain77 above, I'm asking if there is a way to increase the font size in your app. Thanks!

Hi Martin,
I previously donated you some money and thanked you for this awesome app that I used with my Oculus Rift in rF2. I've since moved on to using an HP Reverb G2 headset. I now have to use the Windows Mixed Reality app to "pin" your app into the VR view. But this method results in a windows border around the Relative App window and also quite small font in the window itself. It makes it really difficult to use in VR. So, similar to Alain77 above, I'm asking if there is a way to increase the font size in your app. Thanks!
I've actually been working a on a update this week, including a scaling option. It's not ready for release just yet but if you'd like to try the latest beta you can download it here. If you find any issues, please report back so I can look in to it before release.

Wow thanks! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.
Hmmm. If I fire up Relative Overlay from the exe on the monitor, it doesn't show up in the VR view.
If I instead use the Windows Mixed Reality to fire up Relative Overlay, I get the Relative Overlay settings window in the VR view, but not the Relative or Laptime window. This is with the "show panels in taskbar" on. And on my monitor, all three windows (settings, Relative, Laptime) are on the taskbar in a group. By the way, I am using OpenComposite so that I am NOT running SteamVR.

Hmmm. If I fire up Relative Overlay from the exe on the monitor, it doesn't show up in the VR view.
If I instead use the Windows Mixed Reality to fire up Relative Overlay, I get the Relative Overlay settings window in the VR view, but not the Relative or Laptime window. This is with the "show panels in taskbar" on. And on my monitor, all three windows (settings, Relative, Laptime) are on the taskbar in a group. By the way, I am using OpenComposite so that I am NOT running SteamVR.
I see. It's looks like you can only pin the main window of a program in WMR and the relative box and laptime monitor are both child windows of the settings window.

I added the scaling option to the old version (without the settings window and laptime monitor) which you can download here. Would be great if you could report back when/if you give it a go. There are also a few other fixes/additions, check the readme file if you're interested.

Tagging @Alain77 for this as well.

I see. It's looks like you can only pin the main window of a program in WMR and the relative box and laptime monitor are both child windows of the settings window.

I added the scaling option to the old version (without the settings window and laptime monitor) which you can download here. Would be great if you could report back when/if you give it a go. There are also a few other fixes/additions, check the readme file if you're interested.

Tagging @Alain77 for this as well.
It now works perfectly! I set the scale factor to 3.0 in the xml file. That is just the right size for me in VR. Thanks so much for the quick updates! I am very happy to be able to use this tonight in my multiclass league race!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.