Resource icon

Tracks Rallycross Allenstadt 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well, I have a very strange problem with this track - it doesn't appear on the track list in rFactor menu. I did try to install the packed version - I mean with textures packed into mas file, except the tga. textures that I left loose in the track folder (I packed all your previous track like that and they work fine). And of course I also did try to make run the original version, with all loose texture files in the main track folder. What is even more strange, one time, just one time loose textures version of Allenstadt appeared on my track list and I made one 4-laps race there, but then it disappeared from my rF menu again... I tried it many times - I downloaded fresh archive again, but still I can't make it work properly. I wonder if anyone else had such a kind of problem with this track?
Actually, recently I made some changes in my rF Rallycross installation - I deleted one mod and some other tracks, but that shouldn't affect new tracks in any way. The LOG file also doesn't show anything strange. All other tracks made by you that I installed before still work fine. So what could be wrong there with Allenstadt... Any idea?
PS In that one race I was able to made there I liked the last corner. Out of 4 laps 3 times I had a problem to pass it smoothly - I mean to brake enough to keep the racing line, but not to lose too much speed before the finish line at the same time. I'd really like to make that track work properly in my rF.

Well, I have a very strange problem with this track - it doesn't appear on the track list in rFactor menu. I did try to install the packed version - I mean with textures packed into mas file, except the tga. textures that I left loose in the track folder (I packed all your previous track like that and they work fine). And of course I also did try to make run the original version, with all loose texture files in the main track folder. What is even more strange, one time, just one time loose textures version of Allenstadt appeared on my track list and I made one 4-laps race there, but then it disappeared from my rF menu again... I tried it many times - I downloaded fresh archive again, but still I can't make it work properly. I wonder if anyone else had such a kind of problem with this track?
Actually, recently I made some changes in my rF Rallycross installation - I deleted one mod and some other tracks, but that shouldn't affect new tracks in any way. The LOG file also doesn't show anything strange. All other tracks made by you that I installed before still work fine. So what could be wrong there with Allenstadt... Any idea?
PS In that one race I was able to made there I liked the last corner. Out of 4 laps 3 times I had a problem to pass it smoothly - I mean to brake enough to keep the racing line, but not to lose too much speed before the finish line at the same time. I'd really like to make that track work properly in my rF.
Hi, Aram!

Man, I even lowered the track to see if I could help you with something, but the track opened perfectly. Even though I contradicted the recommendations as to the number of cars, I entered with 20, and of course there are no garages scheduled in the AIW for this, but all loaded and only a few could not get out to the track, as these were not in the pitlane programming zone, perfectly understandable. The schedule for only 4 laps, however, is at the discretion of the user in scheduling more laps in the GDB... anyway, the thing is in your rF.

I want to enjoy and congratulate the author of the track! Worked with attention, it was very well adjusted! Although it is not a track that I will use, since I only use the F1 mod and the track has nothing to do with F1, I can not help saying that the track is very well done and really deserves to be known by fans of cross tracks; small and arisca, develops well the ability of a more technical than fast driving!

Hi, Aram!

Man, I even lowered the track to see if I could help you with something, but the track opened perfectly. Even though I contradicted the recommendations as to the number of cars, I entered with 20, and of course there are no garages scheduled in the AIW for this, but all loaded and only a few could not get out to the track, as these were not in the pitlane programming zone, perfectly understandable. The schedule for only 4 laps, however, is at the discretion of the user in scheduling more laps in the GDB... anyway, the thing is in your rF.

I want to enjoy and congratulate the author of the track! Worked with attention, it was very well adjusted! Although it is not a track that I will use, since I only use the F1 mod and the track has nothing to do with F1, I can not help saying that the track is very well done and really deserves to be known by fans of cross tracks; small and arisca, develops well the ability of a more technical than fast driving!
Thanks for all effort you put in it trying to help me - I appreciate that. There must be really some problem on my side - maybe something collides with other rallycross track I use for my RX mods? I don't know, but I won't give up on it easily - I'm still gonna try to make it work as I really like Jomoog's RX tracks.
And as for the 4-lap race - in rallycross they usually run 4-6 lap races as the whole RX rounds are based on the rules that are kind of similar to the speedway (motorcycles) GP system. I guess you know that anyway.
In my different rFactor installations I have mods representing various kinds of racing - F1 and other open-wheelers, Formula E, Endurance (LM prototypes), GT (and similar classes like DTM, V8Supercars, Stock Car Brasil) Touring, Rallycross, even Trucks, Karts and Sidecars for fun... F1, GT and TC I collect both - modern and historic. So I'm never bored with the good old rFactor. :)
I wish you to have lots of fun with your most fav mods too!

Sounds like a .gdb problem. Maybe changing some lines in the gdb file, especially the name of the track to something else, will help?
Allenstadt
{
Filter Properties = RoadCourse 2005 SRGrandPrix OWChallenge
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Allenstadt
EventName = Allenstadt // shows up in rFactor as the subfolder.
GrandPrixName = Allenstadt //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = Rallycross Allenstadt // shows up in rFactor as the main folder.
Location = Southern Germany
Length = 1000 m
TrackType = Permanent Road Course
Track Record = Hans-Joachim Rössing, 32.89
TerrainDataFile = Allenstadt.tdf
If you change these lines you'll have to change accordingly the filenames of the .aiw .cam .gdb .tdf files too.

Last edited:
Sounds like a .gdb problem. Maybe changing some lines in the gdb file, especially the name of the track to something else, will help?
Allenstadt
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Allenstadt
GrandPrixName = Allenstadt //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
Length = 1000 m
If you change these lines you'll have to change accordingly the filenames of the .aiw .cam .gdb .tdf files too.
So, as I said earlier, I lowered the track and put it to load without making any kind of change and it loaded perfectly. Now, rereading Aram's text, after I saw the tips of blackskull101, I wonder about SCN ... that is, Aram says he compressed all the files in MAS, but in order for the game to recognize the clue, it has to do the configuration in SCN:

MASFile=COMMONMAPS. MAS

MASFile=Allenstadt.MAS

Was this done?

Now, another tip I can pass on is this, do it all over again:

• Remove (delete) the folder from the locations track;
  • Delete the HAT file corresponding to the LOG folder track
  • Load the Rf without the clue (this is very important, load the game without any previous trace of the clue in the game, as if it had never entered the game system including also deleting the folder of the svm file!)
  • Take the original RAR track again the way it is with exposed textures and reseat it back in locations
  • Open Rf again and check if it is on the list, for sure, if it is not on your list it is because your game is bugged ...

Last edited:
Allenstadt
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Allenstadt
Length = 1000 m
Actually, I was already thinking about changing the name of the track. I'm a bit busy now, but I'm going to try it later. I've done it many times in the past, as different track packs sometimes use the same names of specific tracks - they should be changed then to make all those tracks work. I also did it to make work different versions of the same track not belonging to any track pack. So I know what should be done in such case. Anyway, thanks for your tip! Regards.

So, as I said earlier, I lowered the track and put it to load without making any kind of change and it loaded perfectly. Now, rereading Aram's text, after I saw the tips of blackskull101, I wonder about SCN ... that is, Aram says he compressed all the files in MAS, but in order for the game to recognize the clue, it has to do the configuration in SCN:

MASFile=COMMONMAPS. MAS

MASFile=Allenstadt.MAS

Was this done?

• Load the Rf without the clue (this is very important, load the game without any previous trace of the clue in the game, as if it had never entered the game system including also deleting the folder of the svm file!)
  • Take the original RAR track again the way it is with exposed textures and reseat it back in locations
  • Open Rf again and check if it is on the list, for sure, if it is not on your list it is because your game is bugged ...
About adding the MASFile=name_of_the_track.mas line in SCN - of course I did it there (in case of long names I used their shortened versions in MAS file name). As I said in my first post - I compressed loose texture files in all other Jomoog's rallycross tracks to save some disk space on my old PC, and in each case I added relevant MASFile entry in SCN. All those tracks work perfectly.
But I also put Allenstadt in my rF without any changes in it - just as I unpacked it from the downloaded archive. And as I also said - just one time that original (not compressed) version of Allenstadt appeared in my rF menu and I was able to run one race there. But when I closed rF and launched it again, Allendstadt again was missing on the track list in menu. That's very strange.
I will try the trick with clean rF by deleting all traces of Allestadt in there. Tomorrow maybe... Let's hope it works. ;)

Allenstadt
{
Attrition = 30
TrackName = Allenstadt
Length = 1000 m
Okay, it looks like finally I made it work. Changing the name of the track didn't work. But after general cleaning in my rF and installing freshly downloaded track without any changes in it, Allenstadt finally found its way to my rF game menu and I can use it without the problem. Thank you again for trying to help me in this matter!

MASFile=COMMONMAPS. MAS

MASFile=Allenstadt.MAS

Was this done?

Success! :) I mean, Allenstadt finally work okay in my rF. Following your advice I performed general cleaning in my rF, then I downloaded that track once again and I put in Locations without any change in track folder. I did try just once to compress textures into MAS file again, but it still doesn't work for this track. Anyway, the original version (loose texture files) work now perfectly. What a relief. ;) Thanks again for all your effort and time dedicated to help me in solving that problem. Sincere greetings!

Okay, it looks like finally I made it work. Changing the name of the track didn't work. But after general cleaning in my rF and installing freshly downloaded track without any changes in it, Allenstadt finally found its way to my rF game menu and I can use it without the problem. Thank you again for trying to help me in this matter!
Great, Big-Aram! I'm glad I was able to help you; I know well what is the frustration of liking a circuit and being prevented from using it by any problem. Fortunately, I've been overcoming adversity and there's no longer any clue in the queue waiting for maybe one day I might use it; All the ones I wanted and own are active!
Hugs

Success! :) I mean, Allenstadt finally work okay in my rF. Following your advice I performed general cleaning in my rF, then I downloaded that track once again and I put in Locations without any change in track folder. I did try just once to compress textures into MAS file again, but it still doesn't work for this track. Anyway, the original version (loose texture files) work now perfectly. What a relief. ;) Thanks again for all your effort and time dedicated to help me in solving that problem. Sincere greetings!
So... as for your need to compress textures and meshes in order to reduce space on your PC; I hadn't noticed, until then, the presence of textures in PNG and JPG... in fact, RF even accepts these formats, as does TGA itself... but in the compression of MAS, although it accepts these formats within the file, it seems that this (MAS) does not correctly transmit these formats to RF... Although that's still not the problem for not recognizing the presence of the track in the list of clues... This is the bug created in the game system and every time there is the absence of any clue in the list, it is necessary to do the previous procedure described in the post that solved the problem. But, back to the subject, simply, at the time of loading the track the RF does not receive well the PNG and JPG textures when compressed in the MAS, the TGA, as well as the BIK, still manage to pass, but not the other two... at least with me they never passed. So what I suggest is that you do the compression only of the GMT and DDS and leave the others loose in the folder. If there is a need, in fact, for you to compress everything yourself, it is laborious, but the solution is to convert the PNG and JPG and even the TGA and pass everything to DDS, redo all the applications related to the textures that are in these formats to the new corresponding textures in DDS, using 3dsimed for this, and only then compress everything in GMT and DDS; As a guarantee, do not forget to follow the previous procedure used when you managed to reappear the clue in the list, that is: eliminate traces of the track in the game system, load the game without it, close it, reinstall the track with the compressed files and reload the game as if the track were entering the system for the first time; That will solve it. Anyway, anyway, just to reinforce the memory of before doing all this back up the track that is working, even with loose files; Better to always make sure, isn't it?!

Well, I compressed the track and it worked perfectly, but just like I said, I just compressed the GMT and DDS, leaving those PNG and JPG, as well as the TGA, out... from which, just to experiment, because I already knew it wouldn't work out, because I had been through it before, I risked compressing all the textures... and, as I also said, that would be no reason for it not to appear on the list and indeed it did, but the track did not load, simply because the MAS does not transmit them to RF... anyway, if you try what I went through and it doesn't work, I can send you the track as I set up, with the GMT and DDS compressed and the PNG, JPG and TGA open, this is even very valid because these textures in these formats are light, so they can even be loose in the folder, because they do not take up as much space... But anyway, I believe you can do the job yourself, since from what you said earlier you have already done it with other tracks and been successful, but maybe you did it with the other tracks where there was no presence of such formats and everything worked out in those and not in this one. Well, then that's it, is the tip that the ideal is always to work with DDS in RF and, honestly, I do not even know why some modelers insist on working with other formats when DDS always fulfills its function so well in RF, whether in good compatibility with MAS and with the game, be it in the quality that it (DDS) generates... anyway, each with its own each...

Good luck, there!

Hugs

So... as for your need to compress textures and meshes in order to reduce space on your PC; I hadn't noticed, until then, the presence of textures in PNG and JPG... in fact, RF even accepts these formats, as does TGA itself... but in the compression of MAS, although it accepts these formats within the file, it seems that this (MAS) does not correctly transmit these formats to RF... Although that's still not the problem for not recognizing the presence of the track in the list of clues... This is the bug created in the game system and every time there is the absence of any clue in the list, it is necessary to do the previous procedure described in the post that solved the problem. But, back to the subject, simply, at the time of loading the track the RF does not receive well the PNG and JPG textures when compressed in the MAS, the TGA, as well as the BIK, still manage to pass, but not the other two... at least with me they never passed. So what I suggest is that you do the compression only of the GMT and DDS and leave the others loose in the folder. If there is a need, in fact, for you to compress everything yourself, it is laborious, but the solution is to convert the PNG and JPG and even the TGA and pass everything to DDS, redo all the applications related to the textures that are in these formats to the new corresponding textures in DDS, using 3dsimed for this, and only then compress everything in GMT and DDS; As a guarantee, do not forget to follow the previous procedure used when you managed to reappear the clue in the list, that is: eliminate traces of the track in the game system, load the game without it, close it, reinstall the track with the compressed files and reload the game as if the track were entering the system for the first time; That will solve it. Anyway, anyway, just to reinforce the memory of before doing all this back up the track that is working, even with loose files; Better to always make sure, isn't it?!

Well, I compressed the track and it worked perfectly, but just like I said, I just compressed the GMT and DDS, leaving those PNG and JPG, as well as the TGA, out... from which, just to experiment, because I already knew it wouldn't work out, because I had been through it before, I risked compressing all the textures... and, as I also said, that would be no reason for it not to appear on the list and indeed it did, but the track did not load, simply because the MAS does not transmit them to RF... anyway, if you try what I went through and it doesn't work, I can send you the track as I set up, with the GMT and DDS compressed and the PNG, JPG and TGA open, this is even very valid because these textures in these formats are light, so they can even be loose in the folder, because they do not take up as much space... But anyway, I believe you can do the job yourself, since from what you said earlier you have already done it with other tracks and been successful, but maybe you did it with the other tracks where there was no presence of such formats and everything worked out in those and not in this one. Well, then that's it, is the tip that the ideal is always to work with DDS in RF and, honestly, I do not even know why some modelers insist on working with other formats when DDS always fulfills its function so well in RF, whether in good compatibility with MAS and with the game, be it in the quality that it (DDS) generates... anyway, each with its own each...

Good luck, there!

Hugs
Yes, I know about that texture format problem. In case of Jomoog rallycross tracks it's about the TGA files. At the beginning I couldn't make compressed version of Jomoog tracks work. Then he advised me to leave loose TGA textures in track folder and so I did. After that all previous Jomoog track works in compressed version with just TGA left loose there. Actually, in case of Allenstadt I already tried to compress only DDS and GMT and left all other textures loose (TGA, JPG, PNG). But in my rF it also didn't work - the track didn't appear on list in menu. Now I think maybe I overlooked some texture there, as this version (compressed DDS and GMT) worked in your rF? Anyway, you're right - that shouldn't be the cause of missing the track in menu. The tracks I compressed with TGA before apperaed in menu correctly, and the problem was only when I was trying to load the track for the race - there was a message that rFactor cannot find specific texture. But after leaving TGA loose in track folder they worked fine.
Regards!

Yes, I know about that texture format problem. In case of Jomoog rallycross tracks it's about the TGA files. At the beginning I couldn't make compressed version of Jomoog tracks work. Then he advised me to leave loose TGA textures in track folder and so I did. After that all previous Jomoog track works in compressed version with just TGA left loose there. Actually, in case of Allenstadt I already tried to compress only DDS and GMT and left all other textures loose (TGA, JPG, PNG). But in my rF it also didn't work - the track didn't appear on list in menu. Now I think maybe I overlooked some texture there, as this version (compressed DDS and GMT) worked in your rF? Anyway, you're right - that shouldn't be the cause of missing the track in menu. The tracks I compressed with TGA before apperaed in menu correctly, and the problem was only when I was trying to load the track for the race - there was a message that rFactor cannot find specific texture. But after leaving TGA loose in track folder they worked fine.
Regards!
So, as I said earlier, this track thing not appearing on the list is a bug when trying to insert the same clue with different presentations, so the RF gets confused and this is solved by doing the procedure I indicated to you and that gave positive result; Whenever there is this problem, do the procedure that everything will be fine! Now, when a file is missing, the clue appears in the list, but when trying to load it there is always the warning about the problem that occurred... either some file is missing or there is some misapplied texture, etc., which you know well... well, since you didn't get the compression, I'm sending you my clue with the compression, but with the TGA, JPG, and PNG formats open; Try! If it appears in the list of first ok, if not do so.

Going well, then you can compare with your compression and see what you may have made mistake, at least you will have an extra parameter to be able to make these observations, right?!

Hugs

So, as I said earlier, this track thing not appearing on the list is a bug when trying to insert the same clue with different presentations, so the RF gets confused and this is solved by doing the procedure I indicated to you and that gave positive result; Whenever there is this problem, do the procedure that everything will be fine! Now, when a file is missing, the clue appears in the list, but when trying to load it there is always the warning about the problem that occurred... either some file is missing or there is some misapplied texture, etc., which you know well... well, since you didn't get the compression, I'm sending you my clue with the compression, but with the TGA, JPG, and PNG formats open; Try! If it appears in the list of first ok, if not do so.

Going well, then you can compare with your compression and see what you may have made mistake, at least you will have an extra parameter to be able to make these observations, right?!

Hugs
Well, to be frank I hesitate to run further experiments with Allenstadt in my rF. My goal was to make that track work there and I finally achieved this result. I'm okay with this one track being uncompressed. I'm afraid if I start to make changes in Allenstadt now it may disappear again, as it happened before (I run the race on that track and after that it disappeared from rF menu). As long as it work I'm not going to touch Allenstadt in my Locations folder.
But I'm curious what will happen with the next Jomoog rallycross releases (I hope there will be some). Maybe for some reason my problem with Allenstadt was an exception. But if something like that happens again I'll try all kinds of compression to see if they work.
It cost me some work and time to make Allenstadt work and I don't wont to start it again from the beginning. I appreciate your help and I will sure use your tips and advice in the future.
Regards!

Well, to be frank I hesitate to run further experiments with Allenstadt in my rF. My goal was to make that track work there and I finally achieved this result. I'm okay with this one track being uncompressed. I'm afraid if I start to make changes in Allenstadt now it may disappear again, as it happened before (I run the race on that track and after that it disappeared from rF menu). As long as it work I'm not going to touch Allenstadt in my Locations folder.
But I'm curious what will happen with the next Jomoog rallycross releases (I hope there will be some). Maybe for some reason my problem with Allenstadt was an exception. But if something like that happens again I'll try all kinds of compression to see if they work.
It cost me some work and time to make Allenstadt work and I don't wont to start it again from the beginning. I appreciate your help and I will sure use your tips and advice in the future.
Regards!
Yes, you're right; after all, the important thing is the result, and if you have space on the PC to keep the files uncompressed, there is no problem. I have some tracks that are like this, because when I do some track conversion from F1C to RF I do several tests and changes during the process and only when I am absolutely sure that everything is right do I worry about compressing the work. Sometimes I end up not even compressing because I get into other projects and the track is with everything open even ... Just yesterday, I ended up sending a clue, Wroclaw, to a friend with several open files because I had forgotten to compress such files... anyway, if there is room there are no problems.

Now, without wanting to criticize or cause controversy, only one thing makes me curious: why didn't Jomoog speak up at any time to give you the support you needed? I find that intriguing, no?! Well, I like to give support, because, as I said earlier, I have faced so many problems that today I don't have many to unravel anymore, and since I like the issues surrounding this game, when I find some challenge I get involved in them until I solve, then, any other problem you have, or anyone who is looking for solutions, You can look for me because for me it is a pleasure to solve these problems and to be able to help friends who practice this game, in what I can and know how to help, gives me a huge satisfaction (!); I am always willing to try to help, okay?!

Hugs

Last edited:
Yes, you're right; after all, the important thing is the result, and if you have space on the PC to keep the files uncompressed, there is no problem. I have some tracks that are like this, because when I do some track conversion from F1C to RF I do several tests and changes during the process and only when I am absolutely sure that everything is right do I worry about compressing the work. Sometimes I end up not even compressing because I get into other projects and the track is with everything open even ... Just yesterday, I ended up sending a clue, Wroclaw, to a friend with several open files because I had forgotten to compress such files... anyway, if there is room there are no problems.

Now, without wanting to criticize or cause controversy, only one thing makes me curious: why didn't Jomoog speak up at any time to give you the support you needed? I find that intriguing, no?! Well, I like to give support, because, as I said earlier, I have faced so many problems that today I don't have many to unravel anymore, and since I like the issues surrounding this game, when I find some challenge I get involved in them until I solve, then, any other problem you have, or anyone who is looking for solutions, You can look for me because for me it is a pleasure to solve these problems and to be able to help friends who practice this game, in what I can and know how to help, gives me a huge satisfaction (!); I am always willing to try to help, okay?!

Hugs
Well, I guess Jomoog simply couldn't help as the problem was difficult to identify (I'm sure it was something in my rF installation). Actually, even now I still don't know what exactly was the reason for my rFactor not to see Allenstadt in Locations folder. And this is why I don't want to make any changes more in that track. I know the fix from your suggestion worked, but I don't really know HOW exactly it worked.
And you know, compressed version of Allenstadt could give me about 100 MB disk space - it's not such a big amount. I already have over 20 Jomoog RX tracks installed, so let's say I saved about 100 MB on each of them by compressing textures which gives over 2 GB of disk space saved in total. That's quite a difference on my old PC. Anyway, one uncompressed track next to 20+ compressed ones doesn't make a big deal. ;)
Regards.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea