Race Engineer, apply recommended settings

Metla

Premium
I'd like to do a few laps of practise, be informed by my engineer of some basic settings that need adjusting such as tire pressures and gearing, and then be given the option to have these adjustments made for me.

Then, I'd like feed back on the sections of the track where I'm behind the pace, be given some target speeds I need to be hitting at specific points.

Then in a follow up session have the engineer analyze the laps where Im attempting to hit the nominated speeds and give setup advice based either on my inability to carry the required speed, or any player input causing me to crash or lose pace.

Example

On corner three you are getting unsettled on the apex, Adjust xxxx by 2m and apply XXX rear downforce. Aplly these settings?

or-

On corner three you are getting unsettled on the apex, take a wider entry line, drop your entry speed by 5km/h and hit the throttle at point X

I'd like to do a few laps of practise, be informed by my engineer of some basic settings that need adjusting such as tire pressures and gearing, and then be given the option to have these adjustments made for me.

Then, I'd like feed back on the sections of the track where I'm behind the pace, be given some target speeds I need to be hitting at specific points.

Then in a follow up session have the engineer analyze the laps where Im attempting to hit the nominated speeds and give setup advice based either on my inability to carry the required speed, or any player input causing me to crash or lose pace.

Example

On corner three you are getting unsettled on the apex, Adjust xxxx by 2m and apply XXX rear downforce. Aplly these settings?

or-

On corner three you are getting unsettled on the apex, take a wider entry line, drop your entry speed by 5km/h and hit the throttle at point X
This is the kind of thing that Gran Turismo 7 needed for the license tests, rather than a picture of a dude gurning at me with the message "take a deep breath and try again" written underneath.
Yeah, "take a little more curb on exit of T2" "try a higher gear through turn 3" "knock it down another gear and get the car on the nose for the last corner"
Useful stuff from an AI, and a debrief with an engineer... can be a godsend

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea