Question about low res. cars cockpits / distance

Hello. I have a question.

I noticed that some cars show more low resolution cockpits (or drivers) in F3 camera. The problem is that it looks like it's in close range (this happens not too far away from the F3 camera) and it's a bit annoying.
I tried to check the "low-res car cockpits" and "low-res drivers" but it only works in first person view (?) on CSP graphics settings and did not work for the F3 camera.

What is the exactly setting that links the car appearance to the distance from the camera?

Thanks.

Attachments

• MIAT2_LOW.jpg
    MIAT2_LOW.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 185
For the most part it's set to switch from high to low res when the camera's about 10m away from the car, I don't know how CSP modifies this behavior or if there's any way to control that. The "treat track cameras the same" setting should mean the "first person" settings apply in F3 views as well though.

Last edited:
For the most part it's set to switch from high to low res when the camera's about 10m away from the car, I don't know how CSP modifies this behavior or if there's any way to control that. The "treat track cameras the same" setting should mean the "first person" settings apply in F3 views as well though.

Thanks... yes I also tried to untick all, including the "Force LOD B for other cars in first person view" and "Treat track cameras the same" but it did not work :(

what i noticed is that in Kunos cars this low res detail is more discreet, but in some mod cars, it is possible to see more.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.