Quest 3 Settings

Ordered a Quest 3 as well, based on its excellent value for money (£380 new on ebay seemed a bargin) and it working well as a standalone VR AR headset for family is a bonus.

Also ordered the BOBO VR headstrap as it seems a big improvement over the stock option.

My only other VR experiences are original Oculus and PS2VR

I take it with updates we will continue to see improvements and the 120Hz mode being released?

Hope to see people share any videos or info regards best settings to use for the various racing sim titles.

Do we have any other 7800X3D 7900XTX owners with a Quest 3?

Some finds

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong as watching your videos, your framerate and overhead are so stable.

My framerate drops down to 45 ish regularly and the overhead graph is always red and sometime going below bottom line (obviously where the frame drops happen.

I've tried tweaking a couple settings but don't really seem make much difference as still always in the red :(

PC spec:
5800x3D
32gb 3600mhz
Using link cable

Didn't think I would have any issues with quest 3 but can't get this usage to stabilise so any tips be greatly.appreciated.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong as watching your videos, your framerate and overhead are so stable.

My framerate drops down to 45 ish regularly and the overhead graph is always red and sometime going below bottom line (obviously where the frame drops happen.

I've tried tweaking a couple settings but don't really seem make much difference as still always in the red :(

PC spec:
5800x3D
32gb 3600mhz
Using link cable

Didn't think I would have any issues with quest 3 but can't get this usage to stabilise so any tips be greatly.appreciated.
I ran into the same issue over this weekend. What fixed it for me was reconnecting the cable and checking the link speed in Oculus app (mine shows 2.5 Gbs but anything above 1.5 should be fine) as well as turning OFF G-sync and Vsync in Nvidia's settings (only one of those might be the problem but I didn't test it yet). Now I am at stable 90 fps with my 5800 and 4080!

PC spec:
5800x3D
32gb 3600mhz
Using link cable

Did you ever sort this? I have the same issue and also on a 4090

Did you ever sort this? I have the same issue and also on a 4090
I’m on a 4080 Super and a Quest 3 using the link cable, mostly being playing with AMS 2 for VR but the 45fps sounds like asynchronous Space Warp kicking in because you’re dropping below a certain FPS threshold. You’ll also likely see that you are only using 60-70% Gpu utilisation.

You can turn it off in Oculus toolkit but it doesn”t always stick. Easiest way to turn it of is ctrl and numpad 1. Has to be numpad 1 rather than 1 on the top row of number keys. I’m using a tenkeyless keyboard so ended up mapping that to Streamdeck button. It doesn’t pop a message or anything but your framerate should go up along with GPU utilisation.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.