Quest 2 USB C to USB adapter?

Alen Pecanin

Premium
Hey everyone!

I haven’t sim raced in 2 years, and I’m getting back into it now, and with a Quest 2! I have the rift Cv1 from before.

I got my hands on the Quest 2, and the Link cable which is usb c on both ends.
I can’t run the quest 2 wireless because I’m to far away from the router, so it has to be through cable.

But, I don’t have a usb c Port on my PC. Is someone here using the same cable with usb c on both ends, with an USB adapter into the pc? Does it transfer data fast enough? The. I can get away by spending 20-30 euro on adapter. Or do I need to get the complete usb c to usb cable to use it wired?
Thanks in advance for help. Don’t want to buy the adapter for nothing, and have to buy the cable afterwards.

I've not had the same situation as you but having messed about with USB A to C adapters recently they tend to vary in quality. I was connecting a USB A connector to a C socket on my PC via an adapter with a Quest 3 and it was the power delivery they tended to come up short on, Quest 3 draws more power than a Quest 2.

TBH these days if you haven't got a USB C port on your PC it's probably worth having an adapter for other things you might want to plug in other than the headset.

I'm not sure what prices/availability are like where you are but Amazon sell loads of adapters in the UK for less than £10.

Yes, even just the cheapest USB-c to USB3.2/3.1 adaptor will work!
Checked out a €7.5 adaptor here last night with my own Quest 2, just for testing purposes. Though througput dropped from 3.3Mbps with direct USB-c to USB-c to 2.7Mpbs with the adaptor to tower USB3.2 front panel port, but still by far enough for proper VR performance.
(Myself I do have USB-c ports both built in on my MB and dedicated port on my GFX, test was while cleaning up electronic scrap and sorting unusable from usable things I might be able to afford to hide away from the wife's sight :D)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys!
I found a 3.0 USB C to USB cable the other day at a local electronic store. 18 euro for 3 meters. Turns out it’s strong enough to charge the Quest 2 while playing. Works perfectly.
Also, after ending my first proper testing session, I found out that my motherboard has a USB C port O_o. Don’t know how I overlooked it. What a laugh!
Will test with pure Oculus USB C cable tomorrow just to compare if there’s any difference.

Also, after ending my first proper testing session, I found out that my motherboard has a USB C port O_o.
Don't ask me about how many times I've been there before, not only overlooking dedicated USB-c ports in various PCs and laptops, but in general ......:whistling:
Reason why I started major clean-up just prior to your question here - this of container-sized piece of electronics left-overs, i.a. no less than 4 different ones of this adapter type of no usage for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea