problem with track flickering

Hi lads
im having this weird issue with some of the tracks like donington , that it constantly flickering while driving , its very annoying :(
however no problems with kuno's tracks though
would be greatly appreciated if any solutions? tks

example as below

im using CSP 1.35 and sol 1.4 alpha 20

Wow....I just popped in here to post a thread about this......I have the same issue with Daytona 2017 only the racing line is flickering and I believe it's due to the update I did in CM for the SOL . The update I have now provides sparks though....lol but like you said the flickering doesn't show in Kunos tracks.

Hi lads
im having this weird issue with some of the tracks like donington , that it constantly flickering while driving , its very annoying :(
however no problems with kuno's tracks though
would be greatly appreciated if any solutions? tks

example as below

im using CSP 1.35 and sol 1.4 alpha 20
Have you tried disabling all those CSP optimization options? The ones for GPU/CPU etc... They are know to cause more issues than help...

Hi Alex

I had the exact same problem on all of my mod tracks and just found that downgrading my CSP to version 0.1.25-preview 183 did the trick.
I tested on Donington Park 2018 GP and Spielberg Redbull ring and no more flickering, at least for me.

Maybe give it a try and see if it does the trick.
It may still work with a later preview too but I settled on this one.
1576593529290.png

Not sure about this one, but since the surface of the track does not disappear in front, the phenomenon seems to be that the track has two different surfaces too close = there's no space between 2 surfaces. Dry tarmac + wet tarmac surfaces always included at the same time, wet tarmac is normally visible only when rainy weather used but the tarmac is there also in try condition. These issues found from many track mods and also track side objects could have this flickering problem if 2 objects added in the same spot.

Last edited:
Wow....I just popped in here to post a thread about this......I have the same issue with Daytona 2017 only the racing line is flickering and I believe it's due to the update I did in CM for the SOL . The update I have now provides sparks though....lol but like you said the flickering doesn't show in Kunos tracks.

what version are you using for SOL and CSP?
glad im not the only one with this problem :p

Hi Alex

I had the exact same problem on all of my mod tracks and just found that downgrading my CSP to version 0.1.25-preview 183 did the trick.
I tested on Donington Park 2018 GP and Spielberg Redbull ring and no more flickering, at least for me.

Maybe give it a try and see if it does the trick.
It may still work with a later preview too but I settled on this one.
View attachment 339365

thanks for the reply ,will try to downgrade

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes