Problem GTR2

Hello,

I have a problem with GTR2 after changing monitor and video cable.

Premise: the resolution of the new monitor and the old one (broken) are both 1920x1080. The old one was connected with DVI-D the new one in HDMI.

GTR2 with the old monitor I used it with compatibility for Windows XP (Service Pack 2), with the new monitor I can no longer because it gives me an incorrect resolution that the monitor cannot support: 3840x2160 (with 4: 3 vision) and I have to put compatibility for strength with Windows 7 or higher to have resolution 1920x1080.

Once the compatibility has changed, everything seems to be adjusted (after changing the GTR2 config); but once I entered the cockpit I only see lights of engines (RMP) and nothing else. No LEDs, no tire or brake temperature, not even the number of gears.
The Motec is all turned off except for the engine revolutions as mentioned before.

Apart from the monitor and the HDMI cable the computer is all the same as before, even the operating system (Win 10).

Has anyone had similar problems to these? Do you have any ideas to solve the problem?
I would really like to abandon GTR2. :-(

Thanks in advance for help and sorry for bad English.

Check which DX is selected in the config; GTR2 is usually best with DX9, but if there are graphics issues try DX8.

Compatibility mode should not affect available resolutions.

Maybe try removing the Config.ini file from the main folder? This will reset the Config and you should then be able to set the resolution you need.

Last edited:
On my system any changes involving video, even just reinstalling drivers, causes rfactor, GTL, and GTR2 configs to reset to default, so must run all again. (First time this happened I thought I'd broken something, actually removed and reinstalled drivers a couple of times, reverted to previous drivers, etc., before, in my own plodding way, discovering the problem.)

Once the compatibility has changed, everything seems to be adjusted (after changing the GTR2 config); but once I entered the cockpit I only see lights of engines (RMP) and nothing else. No LEDs, no tire or brake temperature, not even the number of gears.
The Motec is all turned off except for the engine revolutions as mentioned before.
you run in 16bit colors use 32 bit colors that is why the motec isn't showing anything.
In the config you are 1920 x 1080 16bit scroll down a little more and find 1920 x 1080 32 bit

Thank you for your help, but I still can't find a solution.

I still checked everything and about 1920x1080 at 32bit I had already set up.

Config.
1920x1080 32bit
60mhz
DirectX9

I contacted the HDMI cable seller again and told me that the cable that sold it supports also supports the 4K to 60MHz, and says it should not give problems with Full HD monitors.
Question: Isn't that it does not correctly elaborate the 2D but only the 3D in GTR2?

Thanks again for your advice!

If you are in 32 bit already it is due to the Motec is off.
On your keyboard try press key '3' That toggles Motec on and off.
By theway if you are using win 10 or win 11 do not use any of the combability settings or other limitations in the properties. It is not need and only has bed effects in Win 10/11

I use admin rights on gtr2config.exe and gtr2.exe but with Crew Chef plugin that might not even be needed

Hope you get it up running right

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea