Precision and Bono strong in Barcelona

Precision continues to roll in FSR WC as Bono Huis made it six out of six at Barcelona.

World Series
saw a difficult start as Cyril Werdmuller and Jeffrey Rietveld qualified fifth and seventh respectively. Rietveld's race was furthermore complicated by damaged received in the turn 1 squabble, which affected the Dutch's race pace.
A well-timed only pit stop helped Werdmuller to gain a position from Ajibola Lawal and rise into third, while Rietveld followed the example by leapfrogging Lawal and Pedro Melim in the pits. The gap to the leading duo had, however, grown too big, and thus no more drama was witnessed as the Precision cars finished in third and fourth spot, with Werdmuller ahead of Rietveld.

World Championship
qualifying was dominated by Bono Huis, who took his third pole of the season by a healthy margin to Fredrik Nilsson, whilst Jaakko Mikkonen qualified seventh. In the race start Nilsson was able to jump Huis and the Swede maintained his lead all the way to the first pit stops, keeping Huis out of overtaking opportunities. A mistake at the first lap from Mikkonen saw the Finn run wide and lose several positions.
At the first pit sequence Nilsson was the one to make the first move on lap 27, which gave the Swede the temporary advantage. But a blisteringly quick pit stop from Huis changed the situation, as the Dutch was just ever so slightly able to take the lead when exiting the pits. With the front positions being static, Mikkonen was meanwhile able to climb impressively all the way up to fifth place, partly benefiting from opponents' mistakes.

At the chequered flag it was, however, Huis that caught the main attention, as the reigning champion finished in a fantastic sixth win in six races. The result has meanwhile secured Huis an impressive 75 points margin to the second-placed (Mikkonen). Precision maintains an equally healthy lead in the constructors' championship to second-positioned Twister-Racing.

Teamowner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"A good weekend for us overall, maintaining all championship leadings, and another incredible drive from Bono. Next up we move to one of the nicest venues of the calendar. Monaco will, as always, be an unpredictable race, but the team is motivated and we are confident we can show a good performance there."

Bono Huis (1st) commented:
"Very exciting race, surely one of the hardest races I've ever done. Pole position was nice but at the start I was more focused on de Wit then on Nilsson. He did a fantastic overtake and was very fast in the first few laps, but after some laps I think I was faster. I was very close to Nilsson in lap 27, and was preparing for an overtake but he went into the pits. I pushed like hell on my inlap, my pit entry was spot on and I came out infront of Nilsson. I expected to run away easily now, with fresher tyres and my pace was already better in the 1st stint. But first Conti held me up with ridiculous driving, and after that I was all over the place, I was not comfortable with the car anymore, despite not having any damage, so I couldn't pull a gap. This meant I had to drive over 30 laps with quite some pressure from behind, but fortunately Nilsson never got close enough for a pass."

Jaakko Mikkonen (5th) commented:
"I had quite poor time in Q2. Maybe because of that I was too eager on first corners and then went wide on T3 losing lots of time. By now I was effectively on last position.
I started catching slower cars but passing wasn't easy at all. I was forced to switch for two stopper to have more time in clear air. Middle of race I estimated even top 10 finish will be difficult but somehow I ended up on fifth place. I don't quite know what happened for others but surely they had lots of problems."

Cyril Werdmuller (3rd) commented:
"Q: was not good today, P5.
Race: After a difficult start I moved my way up to P3. It cost me alot of effort and engine to pass expecially here on Spain.
I settled for P3 because it was obvious that the gap between me and the top 2 guys was just to bigg.
I'm happy with this result and I have to thanks my team for all the work on the setup."

To follow the progress of the team during the season, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering