Porsche Cayman S 718 - can't brake in time, lose control easily?

Hi I have bought the official AC content just to drive the Nurburgring (15km), my other sim is rFactor 2.

Anyway, i find that on rFactor 2 the cars have sticky tires and high downforce, very easy to drive a sub 8 minute lap, usually I'm around 7 mins with the cars.

But on AC, as it has more cars, I'm using the official BMW M4 and the Porsche Cayman S 718 and it loses control very easily and the brakes don't appear to stop the car quickly.

Is there another car that handles better that I can drive?

If your talking about the 718s (2016), its a simulated STREET car with STREET tyres.

So no wonder that braking and cornering can´t be compared to race cars with slicks and aero.
You could try to adapt and learn the cars characteristics, that would improve your car control skills ;)

Also Nordschleife is not the most beginner friendly track to enter Asseto Corsa.
You could start your journey on the Nürburgring GP circuit and when the car "feels right " enter the quest for Nords.
(At least that´s what i did irl)

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
If you want to compare AC and RF2 then maybe you should pick comparable cars for starters.

Also your RF2 laptimes don't tell us much without saying what car you are talking about.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 95 55.9%