Podium vs ClubSport R300 Wheel

I am building a new rig. The rig will include a DD2. I would like to use the rig with an Xbox and PC. As a result, I purchased the CS version of the R300 with the Podium Advanced Paddle Module. What are the disadvantages of using this setup on a PC compared to using a Podium R300 wheel? Thanks for the help.

None. If either option has disadvantages it is the Podium version which is limited to six buttons and no funky switch and hence no access to the tuning menu. The Universal Hub might not look as cool as the Podium hub but unless you are using the Porsche Endurance Button Module, the Universal Hub is a better buy.

Upvote 0
I have both and it is indeed so that the Podium hub has no direct functional advantages over the unihub. The only thing in favor of the Podium hub is the upgrade-able qr-solution, if Fanatec at some point comes up with a new qr. They've clearly said that they will come up with a new qr, but at the current speed that is years away.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback. I woke up this morning after ordering yesterday and was thinking maybe I did not order the best parts for my uses. Based on your feedback, the only aspect lost with the CS version is it does not look as premium as the Podium version. The CS version just seems like a cheaper piece of hardware. Purely subjective.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea