Please don't let this sim die.

Way back when I use to play a little Papyrus stockcar stuff in 2002 - 2003 but it wasn't anything that got me hooked. I got GSC 2012 right after it released and have been hooked on this sim since day 1. It was the sim that started it all for me , and made me want to try other sims as well because of the enjoyment I got out of this sim.

I've stuck with it as much as I could and became a good backer for the AMS title because I believed in Reiza and the titles they have produced. GSCE is something I will keep on my HD for a very , very long time. So I hope all the car and track modding community helps keep this thing alive for as long as possible.

It's just to great of a sim to let go by the way side. Maybe it's because it was THIS sim that started it all for me? But I have a certain affection for this sim. The AMS title is a step into new territory for sure , and we all need progress.....but I sure hope to god this sim GSCE doesn't get forgotten. I know it won't for me.

With that being said....thank you to the Reiza team for getting me interested into the racing sim community.

Way back when I use to play a little Papyrus stockcar stuff in 2002 - 2003 but it wasn't anything that got me hooked. I got GSC 2012 right after it released and have been hooked on this sim since day 1. It was the sim that started it all for me , and made me want to try other sims as well because of the enjoyment I got out of this sim.

I've stuck with it as much as I could and became a good backer for the AMS title because I believed in Reiza and the titles they have produced. GSCE is something I will keep on my HD for a very , very long time. So I hope all the car and track modding community helps keep this thing alive for as long as possible.

It's just to great of a sim to let go by the way side. Maybe it's because it was THIS sim that started it all for me? But I have a certain affection for this sim. The AMS title is a step into new territory for sure , and we all need progress.....but I sure hope to god this sim GSCE doesn't get forgotten. I know it won't for me.

With that being said....thank you to the Reiza team for getting me interested into the racing sim community.
AMS is SCE, and it's free (if you own SCE). I'm keeping both on my hard drive until most of the SCE mods have been converted but at that point SCE won't be needed. I don't look at SCE as dying, its reborn!

Reiza is a very small team: they had a hard time maintaining and improving 2 versions of the same game. It makes them life much easier to concentrate on only one release each time. And they can touch many more people through Steam...

thats fair comment and i can understand that but that still doesnt help those that bought in from the start with gsc but are now being forced to use steam to get ams,why only through steam why not let people that bought gsc from the start have ams and anyone that didnt have it must go through steam,maybe in 2013 when i paid for this sim they should have said that eventually everything would have to be done through steam then i could have decided wether to buy or not,are reiza getting some sort of commision for making people get steam ,gsce is dead for us that wont have steam,thanks reiza

AMS is a new game
AMS is free
Reiza re-sold GSC regularly as new games which they decided to do instead of dlc
What's the difference?
Have you not "re-purchased" GSC several times anyway?
And AMS is free
What did you want when you bought GSC? A lifetime contract or something?

wtf are you on about,ams is updated gsc free for those who had gsc and only available for steam users,what do you mean reiza re sold gsc as new game regularly and how have i re purchased gsc several times you dont make any sense,

what do i want,not to have to use steam,i bought the gsc i should still be entitled to the same as you but without going through fkn steam

A rose by any other name is still a rose. ;)

wtf are you on about,ams is updated gsc free for those who had gsc and only available for steam users,what do you mean reiza re sold gsc as new game regularly and how have i re purchased gsc several times you dont make any sense,

Well, there was GSCE2012, GSCE2013, and then just GSCE, all sold as individual games but were basically just the same game (with a few improvements) in a new package, just like AMS is.

Last edited:
but why should we have to have steam to be able to get ams,i bought gsc when it came out in 2013 but to get ams i need to get it through steam,i dont want steam,im sure theres others too that dont want steam,
You bought GSCE. You can continue to play that indefinitely. Life moves on, Reiza decided to focus on their transition to Steam. They didn't take anything away from GSCE. How is this different than any other game, no game is supported forever.
It's clear you don't agree, and that's your choice. I'm not saying you should agree but it comes down to you can't please everyone all the time. And posting will cause a discussion, not everyone will see things exactly the same.

A rose by any other name is still a rose. ;)

Well, there was GSCE2012, GSCE2013, and then just GSCE, all sold as individual games but were basically just the same game (with a few improvements) in a new package, just like AMS is.

This is not correct.

We have only ever sold:

Game Stock Car (later included GSC 2012 for free).
Formula Truck (later included 2013 season for free, and received equivalent GSC 2013 upgrades too)
Game Stock Car 2013 (later upgraded to GSC Extreme for FREE, and then all users also get AMS for FREE.)
AMS (only to people who did not own GSC before January 5th).

Lyndon, email sales@reizastudios.com and explain your situation please. They will sort you out. However to run AMS will require Steam I'm afraid.

However Game Stock Car Extreme will continue to work with out it.

This is not correct.

We have only ever sold:

Game Stock Car (later included GSC 2012 for free).
Formula Truck (later included 2013 season for free, and received equivalent GSC 2013 upgrades too)
Game Stock Car 2013 (later upgraded to GSC Extreme for FREE, and then all users also get AMS for FREE.)
AMS (only to people who did not own GSC before January 5th).

Lyndon, email sales@reizastudios.com and explain your situation please. They will sort you out. However to run AMS will require Steam I'm afraid.

However Game Stock Car Extreme will continue to work with out it.

Sorry, I wasn't around then so I didn't know the specifics of which ones were paid for and which were free "upgrades". The premise of the statement stands though, GSC has evolved over the years to have multiple names/packages and the transition to AMS is no different other than being only available on Steam, same great game just with a different label and purchased/downloaded from a different source.

Would be nice to have the choice though? I hate Steam and when I bought GSCE through Steam I did'nt really know much about it, had I known what it was, would I have bought through there? hmm...dunno? too late now I'm stuck with it!...I am enjoying AMS by the way

It's not going to happen, to run the game outside of Steam is a monumental effort and cost in comparison. It takes care of so many things that we just don't have the time to invest in. By running outside of Steam you get an inferior product and less time spent on developing the game.

Steam isn't perfect, but it's the best option we have by a long way.

Sorry.

I'd encourage you to try out steam anyway: You don't have to give them any money, you can run it in offline mode and if you dislike it you can uninstall it. All it does is allow you to run AMS. And perhaps the things that made you dislike steam have changed: A lot of that program has.

I'm not sure why some dislike Steam. It's not that I specifically like Steam, but I have no reason to dislike either. It just acts as the launcher for all my racing sims - a common interface.
Now that I think about it, I really like how all of my games are aggregated within a central management tool. My computer could blow up, all it would take is a login to Steam to recover all of the games - nice.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.