Player helmets and driver

Hi,

As I slowly start to rediscover sim-racing after about 15 years off, I'm focussing on the important aspects of racing - car liveries. Then I'll see if I can still remember how to drive.

rFactor 2 was the catalyst for finding driving pleasure again behind the wheel (clamped to a desk). However, I'm still finding my around some of the quirkiness that surrounds certain processes. For example, custom car skins. After some tinkering, I have succeeding in creating the .mas file for my custom livery - happy with the material system, and looking good in the showroom.

However, I've not had success yet custom helmet and race suit. At the end of the official painting with material doc it references adding the appropriate .dds file for helmet textures (e.g. alt_XXX_HELMET.dds) into the player car folder - as per the car .dds files - and reloading in the showroom to package into the car .mas file. I'm having no joy here - the .dds files for driver/helmet do not appear in the .mas file, no in-game.

I'm using what I understand to be the latest templates (14HELMET.psd / DRIVER.psd), and attempting to run it with the Studio 397 USF-17.

Cheers!

On mobile atm, so I'll keep this short.

The filename has to be be alt_xxxhelmet. Dds or alt_xxxdriver.dds when your livery is called alt_xxx.dds. So no added underscores.

Also,iirc the helmets and rims and stuff don't get importet into the Mas file. Just open the Mas editor (support >tools), drag and drop all the Dds and the json into there and save the Mas manually.

Sry for the weird formating, as I said I am on mobile

On mobile atm, so I'll keep this short.

The filename has to be be alt_xxxhelmet. Dds or alt_xxxdriver.dds when your livery is called alt_xxx.dds. So no added underscores.

Also,iirc the helmets and rims and stuff don't get importet into the Mas file. Just open the Mas editor (support >tools), drag and drop all the Dds and the json into there and save the Mas manually.

Sry for the weird formating, as I said I am on mobile

thnx, will try

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%