Pit speed limiter and engine start query

Hi people.

Does anyone know if there is a way to completely disable the pit speed limiter? I race offline and after doing numerous setup changes to get the car to my liking it gets a bit wearing to repeatedly have to turn the limiter off when I join the track. Likewise waiting for the engine to start when I want to leave the pits. Sometimes the wait for it to get going feels like ages (yes, I have the patience of a five year old). If both can be disabled (no limiter, immediate engine start), for me this already amazing sim would get just that little bit better.

Thank you for any help :)

Last edited:
STP, Engine start is automatic in vanilla game? Not even 15 secs is it?

Quick way to disable the pit lane speed limits is to go into .rfm fiel and amend this line to something else i.e 200...

RacePitKPH = 80
NormalPitKPH = 80

I suspect you could just remove these lines to disable but I have never tried that personally. Just back-up file before you edit in case it gives unexpected results :)

Thanks a lot for that, Barney. I just tried it with the DRM mod and it works fine :) Much better than before. It looks like the vanilla cars don't have a pit speed entry in the .rfm file (I only looked at a couple, maybe some do) so in their case I'll just have to live with my impatience.

As for the engine start, its isn't a long wait until it kicks in, but it varies a bit from mod to mod and I'd simply like the choice to start up and get going when I want to instead of waiting until I'm allowed to - a small complaint which I can easily live with.

EDIT - just seen that the limiter isn't required for the DRM mod, yet the entry is still in the .rfm... I'll try it with some others.

Anyway, thanks again :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes