WRC Generations Physics mod released for WRC G

Hi guys,

I've been playing with the WRC G physics code trying to make it more realistic, more simulator and the results are so complaying to me that I decided to pack all the files in a .rar and share it with the community.

It will be released in the comming days but first let me put here some words to explain my aproach:

First, I'm not expert in modding but I'm not new.
I have one AC mod in RD and few others in GTplanet.
I've collaborated with a couple modding groups tweaking car physics.

Second, I like hardcore simulation and my benchmark for tweaking the WRCG is Richard Burns Rally.
I'd now that this game had potential in its core physics so I went for it.
I didn't try EA WRC but I'm quite sure this mod will feel better.

=>Talking about the mod it self:

We all know that the official rally games try to reach the big mass of players and it should be good for unexperienced players, pad players and so on.
They also try to provide fun and espectacularity.

So the new physics have this general tweaks:
- Around 15% less mechanical grip
- Little less power
- Torque curves have been corrected and smoothered (using 20 points instead of 12 o 16)
- Little bit more aero (air resistance was very low)
- Corrected Center of Mass
- Max steering angle corrected
- It includes thottle fix from Avery3R (I think not all cars need this)

With those changes the driving experience out of the tarmac is very close to RBR. (tarmac feels better too but also thanks to the FFB tweak).
You will notice that you can drift for several meters. you will be able to make a hairpin with handbrake and not make a 360º :D. No more crazy wheel spin.

Updated cars:

- Hyundai i20N Rally1
- Skoda Fabia Rally2
- Citroen Xsara WRC
- Citroen DS3 WRC
- VW Polo R WRC
- Ford Fiesta WRC
- Lancia Delta AWD
- Peugeot 205 EVO 2

There's more to tweak but I don't fully understand all parameters yet.
I'd like to hear your opinions before to tweak all cars.
Please, understand that the trial an error is sick and the loading times of this game makes it very time consuming.

=>FFB teaks

The FFB is ♥♥♥♥ in the original game.
In the code it has some smoothings that make the feedback go with some strange delay and it feels very dampy.

Again, I don't fully understand all the parameters and I'm sure it can be improved but this is a great starting point.
The FFB output is so much more vivid and helps a lot to understand what the car is doing. The presicion of the car control is much higher, specially in tarmac.

I will share also recommended FFB settings. Take in accout that I use a Fanatec CSW2.5.

Take a look.
Download in the video description.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play