Pedal plate/wheel base adjustment solutions for custom 80/20 rig

So I'm in the process of designing my on aluminum rig. I'm currently trying to figure out solutions for adjusting the tilt of the wheel base and pedals. I will be using a CSL DD and clubsport V2 pedals. For the Aluminum I will most likely by going with 15 series profile as I'm in the US and Tnutz is located in the same state as me so shipping is much cheaper. Anyway, I am looking at what some of you custom builders went with for the tilting adjustments. I know most of the Prebuilt setups have custom plates with adjustment slots.
I've attached a rough model of how I am considering building mine. This is not final measurements. Just wanted to get some ideas from my brain and lay it out. At this point I'm open to suggestions and almost anything can be changed up at this point. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    682.3 KB · Views: 120
TBH the easiest solution is to match the width of a premade that looks like it has the adjustments you need, preferrably that attaches mostly using slots so the differences between 15 or 40 series won't matter, and just buy those parts. ASR uses 15 series and I believe the uprights are 22" / crossbars 19" spacing. Otherwise it's mostly 500/580 or 500/600mm spacing depending on brackets or 10mm t connect plates for the uprights.

For the pedal tray I have some ideas that wouldn't require buying someone elses stuff, but the quote I just got from mkNA is worse than just buying a premade triple monitor mount and it would still be missing some plates I need for angle adjustment or the vesa mounts... so you should really check if this is actually gonna be cheaper.

But basically you can either mimic the tr80, except using a piece of profile instead of their laser cut pieces for the outside uprights, and just bracket to the bottom of your pedal deck profile, and to adjust loosen both bolts on either side so it can slide forward and back on the bottom as it goes up/down on the uprights. Or my other idea is slap another piece of profile on top of the profiles towards the front using a flat plate on the outsides to attach (so it would be like 6 grooves high at the front only), and use the inside grooves as your angle/height adjustments. Both of these either using a plate across the tops or just pieces of profile as the pedal deck.

When I started designing my rig, I went with just a standard direct drive bracket that gave me correct tilt for the wheel. That is bolted straight to profile (I actually Installed it upside down to get more clearance for my knees).

Then I built rest of the rig so that I'm able to move between single seater style higher pedals to touring car setup with relative ease. The pedal tray assembly in its current form is somewhat similar in function to the solution next level racing has in their latest profile rig except that it hasn't any custom parts. Here's couple of picture to clarify the setup (please excuse the mess... It's, well, a mess :roflmao: )

Attachments

• IMG_20211217_002423942.jpg
    IMG_20211217_002423942.jpg
    737.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20211217_002515270.jpg
    IMG_20211217_002515270.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 152
Thank you for the replies so far. So i was looking at these hinge brackets as well but wasnt sure of the solidness of them. Any issues with them rattling or anything?
IMG_20211217_002423942.jpg

TBH the easiest solution is to match the width of a premade that looks like it has the adjustments you need, preferrably that attaches mostly using slots so the differences between 15 or 40 series won't matter, and just buy those parts. ASR uses 15 series and I believe the uprights are 22" / crossbars 19" spacing. Otherwise it's mostly 500/580 or 500/600mm spacing depending on brackets or 10mm t connect plates for the uprights.

For the pedal tray I have some ideas that wouldn't require buying someone elses stuff, but the quote I just got from mkNA is worse than just buying a premade triple monitor mount and it would still be missing some plates I need for angle adjustment or the vesa mounts... so you should really check if this is actually gonna be cheaper.

But basically you can either mimic the tr80, except using a piece of profile instead of their laser cut pieces for the outside uprights, and just bracket to the bottom of your pedal deck profile, and to adjust loosen both bolts on either side so it can slide forward and back on the bottom as it goes up/down on the uprights. Or my other idea is slap another piece of profile on top of the profiles towards the front using a flat plate on the outsides to attach (so it would be like 6 grooves high at the front only), and use the inside grooves as your angle/height adjustments. Both of these either using a plate across the tops or just pieces of profile as the pedal deck.
Wow i just looked at ASRs website and the dimensions they use is almost exactly the measurements I was planning on using. Thats spooky haha. the only difference is was going to go 30 inches for the Steering column vs the 28 that they use ( Im 6'1" ) and i was going to use the 4.5" wide for the steering column vs their 3"

The hinges have been solid - I use same ones on a keyboard tray and they work nicely there too. You can adjust the tension of the hinges from the side screws so you could even tighten them all the way down if you don't change the angle too often

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.