Painting help. Needed.

Paco572

The George Stanley Band
I've painted lots of cars but I've never tried to paint a face of a driver. I'm having some trouble getting the face into the game the usual way like for adding windows is not working, my folder car file name is alt5_5.dds is my car file. I have found 3 .dds files for the face for the 1966 Brabbum. I've edited them and saved to .dds file format. The file names are as follows, my .veh file is BT20_5.veh

The face matches up in game but my edited versions don't show up. I place these files in my car folder.
rF2_ Hdriver_head05.dds
rF2_ Hdriver_head05_s.dds
rF2_ Hdriver_head05_b.dds

I've tried leaving the files in the folder with just last portion of the file name like I do for adding windows but this method is not working. I've tried a number of variations of file names. Any ideas? What am I missing? Help please.

Cheers :)

I doubt it ever will.
The way rF2 or all gMotor powered games works is the textures are coded. This basically means not all textures are change able. All textures ( Material) assigned to a GMT (Part of a 3D model formatted for the game) by the mods author adds WC to the naming of these textures ( Material). WC means Wild Card. As a wild card texture it can be added to the team folder as a new replacement texture. Thus we have WCBODY, WCWINDOWS, WCHELMET, WCDRIVER and so on. Depends on the car and how the mod is set up by the author. Some have more change able textures than others.

Basically the drivers face, I've never seem it set up as a Wild Card texture and without the code entry on a texture assigned to a GMT it is not change able.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.