Padist - Controller Revolution

Apps Padist - Controller Revolution 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
KatanaDriver submitted a new resource:

Padist - Controller Revolution - GamepadFX

Tell you Forza friends that they can play now better game. Padist is here!​

Padist is a GamepadFX script that makes driving on controllers... actually playble for almost everyone.

If you ever played games like Forza, Gran Turismo or CarX, then you will find yourself pretty quickly. It works on very similar to these games.
Installation
1. Drop contents of the...

Read more about this resource...

KatanaDriver updated Padist - Controller Revolution with a new update entry:

Video Presentation

Here you can see script in action and how it behaves. In near future I will also make video installation and configuration
For the script itself, I am thinking about how to smooth out "steps" that occurs while going to the limits. It might make car less stable and not using full grip potential.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, type on discussion board.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can some one please tell me how to install this to AC?? I'm not exactly sure how to extract it and where to extract it. Any help is appreciated. Not sure why you posted a video showing what it does first before the installation tutorial. Would love to give this a try.

Can some one please tell me how to install this to AC?? I'm not exactly sure how to extract it and where to extract it. Any help is appreciated. Not sure why you posted a video showing what it does first before the installation tutorial. Would love to give this a try.
Working on Video. In Description there is installation guide. I tried my best to be clear with instructions. Just unpack the archive in AC installation catalog. Rest you can read on main page. Today or tomorrow I will upload video with also other things like camera settings for better experience ;)

So far I am really enjoying this FX and I feel like it's almost perfect, there's only one real problem for me but I think it's a big one and I was wondering if there's a fix. When I make "full lock" or at least tight turns with Padist enabled, I find my steering bugs out a bit and starts jolting back and forth, like the hands on the wheel are violently shaking. This is really distracting for me when I try to drive first person and I think it's also preventing me from turning on a tight radius. Is there a solution?

So far I am really enjoying this FX and I feel like it's almost perfect, there's only one real problem for me but I think it's a big one and I was wondering if there's a fix. When I make "full lock" or at least tight turns with Padist enabled, I find my steering bugs out a bit and starts jolting back and forth, like the hands on the wheel are violently shaking. This is really distracting for me when I try to drive first person and I think it's also preventing me from turning on a tight radius. Is there a solution?
I know about it. You can see actually that the steering shake all the time when script try to prevent sliping. I got some progress, but it is not great for now and my limited LUA knowledge not helping :p

@KatanaDriver out of curiosity is it better than using a mouse?
I never used mouse, but it have similar problem to gamepad. You physically don't have feedback so you don't exacly know what is happening under the tires. So there is only two ways, add feedback or assist that will correct you. My script does the second thing, but there is big difference between mouse and gamepad stick. On mouse you can be much more precise, as on thumb stick you can only 2-3cm of space and it is very easy to over correct yourself. So, idk. For now Ilja (CSP creator) do not provide posibility to enable this on keyboard and mouse for now.

same problem here, do you have solution?
(thank a lot! this mod change my game)

Last edited:

Reducing of the shakiness

So, I menage to reduce shakiness of the wheel. Yea, I know. It shake anyways, but much less then previously. Also car should fold more into the corner, especial while braking.

Change log:
- Reduce of the shakiness of the wheel while driving on slip limit.
- Assist should keep slip closer to the limit (and better maintain tires)
- While being in on the limit in the corner, car should start to slide little bit and use slip angle technique
- While braking, car will now slides more, so...

Hello, need help please !
I have installed the file as you have explained, but I don't see it in the CSP...
what should I do? :(
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

CSP 1.79 (1.80 Preview) broke assist

Hello everyone. I have sad news. The new CSP version just broke the assist. The wheel now shakes like crazy and there is some times bug that just snaps wheel to the lock. I don't F know how to fix it for now. So for now if someone really want to use is, you are force to use CSP 1.78 (1.79 Prevew). I will try to do something about this, but don't expect quick update, as I don't know where to start.
If there is someone with some...

Hey, I tried this mod out and it is AMAZING. However, there is one (kinda glaring) issue: Full steering lock shaking. This issue is most exaggerated in a car with less than 540 degrees of steering lock, like an LMP1 car. (2018 Audi R18 e-tron quattro) I am glad to see that it has been seen and somewhat addressed by the mod author (KatanaDriver), but it is still an issue. (I am also trying to attempt a pole lap at Suzuka for this car lol)

I haven't tried this out yet but does this script give you that default Steering assist that Forza had (and to a degree PCars 2 did too) where you have to be constantly doing inputs (like pushing the left stick to the opposite direction because the car feels like it always wants to head to the other side? It's one of the first things I hated when I first played Forza (was used to Gran Turismo and it didn't have that sort of behaviour) and had to disable the steer assist because it was so annoying. I'm used to the default AC experience with a controller (played mostly with a DS4 and before that a bit with a DS3) and I feel the game actually started handling pretty well on controllers since update (1.03 or something I'm not sure but it changed quite a bit after that)I guess a lot of people feel this is unplayable with a controller because they either do sudden inputs on the left stick or are too hasty on the amount of throttle. I think the main difference between AC vs other titles with a controller is on those other games your tires have an amount of lateral grip that won't let cars just slide out of the road. Sorry for the "rant". I'll have to give this script a try :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.