**OVERRUN DETECTED** On version v.0.8.34

Hi, I have this problem on my laptop The game runs very jerky and **OVERRUN DETECTED** Flashes on top of the screen. However If I start recording with Fraps the message disappears and the game runs smoothly? I know nothing about computers and am confused by this as I'm not sure how running a processor heavy application like fraps can make the game run smoothly. Does this mean my laptop has to much memory for the game? (sorry If that isn't possible as I said I know nothing about computers) Thanks In advance
Conster :)

Update: Updated to version 0.8.35 and the problem is still there. Any ideas? I really enjoy this game but the jolting jerky performance is really off putting and is quite difficult to play with. Thanks
Conster

Laptops generally don't have a graphics card that handles racer well. An nVidia card is best. What can you tell us about the sytem specifications of your laptop. It would help solve the problem.

I would like to know what is being "overrun", the bathtub? the Alamo? the GPU? the FB? This is a very legitimate question and we're getting the silent treatment. It kind of explains why there's not a lot of debugging now. It also explains why I ask fewer questions.

Alex Forbin

I have it happen, more so when I'm doing big smokey burnouts, seems like for about a minute after it still is happening and everything seems sped up.

Sorry about the late reply here are my specs: Intel Core i3 M370 2.40 Ghz
Ram: 4 GB 3.87GB usable
Graphics: ATI mobility radeon 550v 1GB
Hard Drive: 500GB
Is there anything else you need?

So the GPU us the problem? I'm confused.... (i know nothing about computers) My gpu can run dirt maxed and almost every game maxed even Gta Iv.

You are correct, GPU is the problem. First, it's ATI/Radeon and as Harey said, Racer generally prefers nVidia offerings. Second, it doesn't have processing muscle that recent Racer betas need to run smoothly. Your GPU performance is comparable to nVidia GeForce GT 230M and GT 230M is a dog, woof.

Some laptops yes, most no. Depends if it's an onboard chip or plugged into a socket. Most laptops use onboard because it takes less space. If it's a large/gaming laptop that's the most likely to be replaceable.

Thanks everyone. my laptops not really a gaming laptop but handles games very well. By large do you mean the size of the laptop or the power? If you mean size my laptops 15.6 inch if you mean power my specs are on the first page.
Conster

So does eveyone else, but only on certain tracks and I have a good GTX 285 nVidia card.

It is probably something in the racer software that is the source of the problem and Ruud hasn't found it yet.

Bob has a point, racers is demanding, i have the GT 425M and in some tracks i get over run on specific parts of it, but i can run NFS shift on full HD for example , its racer that is a demanding game for the moment

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.