Opinion: Where Next for Jenson Button?

+1 JB for mclaren next year. No other driver will do a better job, and as there are many changes next year it's a good opportunity for F1's greatest team mclaren to start racing at the front again - where they should be.

I like Button. I mainly like the fact everyone writes him off each year, always pointing to the fact he won a title in the best car (forgetting it was the best car only for the majority of the first half of the 2009 season, and when was the last WDC not in the best car?) and saying he'll get trounced by his far superior teammate... only to see him run his teammate exceptionally closely and in the case of Hamilton outscore him over the three years in the same team!

For some reason (probably because of his smooth style behind the wheel) he never seems to get mentioned in the same breath as the top drivers, but he always seems to go about his business and deliverers the goods at race/season end.

As for his race craft, you almost never see him involved in silly accidents or mistakes, mostly when he goes wheel to wheel with someone you can be pretty sure its going to be a good lesson the young drivers in junior formulae should look at and learn from.

In my honest opinion, based on around 25 years of avid F1 watching (Silverstone '96 was my first trackside GP), JB is very much the real deal and still has as much as the top guys left to give in F1. Whoever gets this guy will have a great deal on their hands. Actually at the start of the season I would have laid down money on him next to Seb Vet in the Ferrari next year... just goes to show what I know :roflmao:
Your dream with him being in Ferrari is false, because Raikonnen already signed contract with Scuderia... ;)

I hope he is still at Mac' next year alongside Alonso.
They have both proved that being a WDC, is not just about ego.
Ron Dennis should keep them both and if the car comes good, repay their loyalty.
There is only a year between them age wise and are both super fit men, that can drive the socks off most of the grid.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%