Online player names ?

How do you get the player names whilst racing online? I've ticked the box in CM but when racing online I still can't see who the drivers of the cars are that im racing during the race.

I had a search in the Documents/Assetto Corsa files .... as I was sure that once done for an event .... without changing it... the Names displayer remained on for the next events.

Go to your Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg and open gameplay.ini with notepad and look for this line:

[DRIVER_NAME_DISPLAYER]
IS_ACTIVE=1

Yours should be
[DRIVER_NAME_DISPLAYER]
IS_ACTIVE=0

Simply replace the 0 by 1, save the file and it will surely be working definitively ... in all sessions, online and offline.

I had a search in the Documents/Assetto Corsa files .... as I was sure that once done for an event .... without changing it... the Names displayer remained on for the next events.

Go to your Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg and open gameplay.ini with notepad and look for this line:

[DRIVER_NAME_DISPLAYER]
IS_ACTIVE=1

Yours should be
[DRIVER_NAME_DISPLAYER]
IS_ACTIVE=0

Simply replace the 0 by 1, save the file and it will surely be working definitively ... in all sessions, online and offline.
You can't have driver names in VR, which is why he can't see them no matter what he does.

But thanks for searching for the line, definitely useful for somebody out there! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.