OK, I'm getting curious about IRacing now.

Hiro,

I think only way to try for free is to go to a sim-racing center who might have some rigs setup for you to try for a small fee, or try it out on a friends PC who subcribes to iRacing.

Other than, like Geroge says, buy a month and try it for three. There's quite a bit of stock content to go at.

:cool:

Sim Racing center! only if i was so lucky here in British Columbia lol! I'm just gonna pay the $12. I gave my head a shake and realized that is dirt cheat for a three month trial. As for my buds, they are never going to graduate from console gaming. A shame really, they have no idea what they are missing. They think that Ahem, GT5 is the best driving game out there:facepalm:.

Hiroshi....it is really worth the $12. That is how I started in Aug...and now I am absolutely hooked. Best racing experience I've ever had, and it allows you to race easily and cleanly with similarly skilled folks from around the world. I now have a full year subscription and a couple of extra tracks and cars. I'd highly recommend the Advanced Rookie Inracing News Challenge Series with the Spec Racer Ford or the Solstice, once you make it out of Rookie class.

Sim Racing center! only if i was so lucky here in British Columbia lol! I'm just gonna pay the $12. I gave my head a shake and realized that is dirt cheat for a three month trial. As for my buds, they are never going to graduate from console gaming. A shame really, they have no idea what they are missing. They think that Ahem, GT5 is the best driving game out there:facepalm:.
Thatta boy.

I went thru the same thing.. lol.. i said "i will never pay for that" then realized $12 for 3 months was dirt cheap and now i am almost one year into my subscription.

I suggest you take your time and don't jump in a race straight away. Practice a lot first. Do time trials and get used to the 1x's and the feel of the game. You have 3 months to decide, use the first month to set everything up and get comfortable.

Try a a few "ghost" sessions and once you feel like you can drive for 30 minutes at a decent pace (could be 5 seconds off the alien times, dont worry about that for now) without crashing THEN jump into races for the lower categories. I would suggest you start with the MX5.

The 'Spectator' sessions are worth the entry fee alone, lol.

A great way to learn a car and track in a real live racing environment, whilst knowing you aren't going to cause any accidents. You are invisible and everyone else racing in the session is effectively a ghost car. It's basically taking the test mode, where you would just lap on your own and dropping it in to a race. Absolute genius IMO.

The 'Spectator' sessions are worth the entry fee alone, lol.

A great way to learn a car and track in a real live racing environment, whilst knowing you aren't going to cause any accidents. You are invisible and everyone else racing in the session is effectively a ghost car. It's basically taking the test mode, where you would just lap on your own and dropping it in to a race. Absolute genius IMO.

I never knew thats how the spectator mode worked. I thought it was like rFactor where you just watched the race.

Well, you learn something new everyday :)

I never knew thats how the spectator mode worked. I thought it was like rFactor where you just watched the race.

Well, you learn something new everyday :)
Yes Kris, it comes as a surprise to some.

When you go and spectate a session, you can just sit and watch the action unfold from any car and a multitude of cameras.

You will also see at the top of the screen a button that says TEST DRIVE. When you click this, you are in the car in pit lane. You then just drive as you would normally, but can happily mix it with the other cars who are actually racing, without them even knowing you are there.

I just looked for you at iracing Hiroshi but didn't find you there.Add me once you join.

Bring your friends by my house in Pitt Meadows one day.I have full iRacing content,an Obutto cockpit with 3x24" monitors and a host of accessories.Give them 1 hour of seat time each and the ask them about consols.:tongue:

I started back in March just after getting a G27, almost a full year now. Up to class C and playing with V8 Supercars, Radical and the DP. By the time the 90 days is up most are hooked I'm sure. This March I'll add a triple screen setup. Move out of the way everyone. I hope they keep the 3 for 1 month deal for a long time.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%