Odd problem with Assetto Corsa Apps

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Hi all. I recently reinstalled AC because I have been getting increasingly low FPS. Since reinstalling, my FPS have shot up from 50 to about 120 on hotlap mode. However, I am having issues with my HUD/Apps.

No matter what I do to set up the layout of my apps - helicorsa, sidekick, RSR etc, when I close the game and then restart it, all the apps fail to show when I restart the game and I have to open them all again manually. Also, my sidekick settings reset - for example, if I change the scale to 200%, it goes back to 100% when I restart.

I suspect the settings are not saving in an ini file or something, but I haven't yet found a solution, despite having a poke around in content manager. Is anyone able to suggest a solution please?

Seems like some app crashes on exit and when this happens AC does not save app positions.
If you're with luck you see which app is causing it in
"...documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt"

Also it may help to disable this ("Custom errors handling for Python apps"):
1597909463977.png

Great, thanks for that - I will take a look. I am just slowly reinstalling all my cars and tracks at the moment - it isn't the work of a moment, and I may suggest to the creator of CM that a nice feature to include in future would be a "scan folder" option to find mods for installation.

Take a look at your C:\Users\******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\acos.ini That's the file where the apps positions, sizes, visibility, etc are stored. As regard dissapearing apps, have you checked out that you are using the same virtual desktop? (Ctrl U or click the small numbers at the bottom left of the apps bar)

I'm having the same problem after a long time of no issues : app locations are not saving correctly in acos.ini. When i delete the file and restart the game, it worked but after the secoind relaunch of the game, they all ended up on the left of my triple screen, mostly stacked up together on the top left corner. Tried runing CM as admin, made no difference. So for now, EVERY time i get on track, i need to spend a couple of minutes re-positioning all my apps. Only every use Desktop 1. Maybe its a Custom Chaders Patch issue?

I have more a less the same problem as all my apps like SOL and FFBclip are not being saving and not in the documents folder. SOL as an sample I did install it manually and with CM in both cases no effect.

Think is been caused by the fact that my Steam Assetto Corsa is being installed on I: disk while my Win10 is on the C: disk.
And yes I did made an exception rule for Assetto Corsa in the Windows defender adjustments.

I do hope someone has an solution.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes