No recenter VR button

Rant mode on - Are the makers of this game simple or just plain lazy? One of the most BASIC requirements in VR is the ability to quickly recenter the view, or perhaps we're supposed to be able to press Ctrl+Space on our keyboard while using a f^&king steering wheel.

Rant over.. But FFS Kounos, put a little bit of thought into these things.

Rant mode on - Are the makers of this game simple or just plain lazy? One of the most BASIC requirements in VR is the ability to quickly recenter the view, or perhaps we're supposed to be able to press Ctrl+Space on our keyboard while using a f^&king steering wheel.

Rant over.. But FFS Kounos, put a little bit of thought into these things.

I can certainly see why you think they have been lazy to not have a recentre button for VR that is assignable to a wheel button. However, AC was largely developed before VR was a thing. They then bolted it on to a well developed game. So you could say that they went above and beyond to add VR in the first place. So perhaps you can forgive them a little for the wierd things missing outof the VR implementation?

However, to be helpful. It is possible to Map the recenter button (and other functions) to your steering wheel via the 3rd party utilility called "Autohotkey". Unfortunately you have to do a little bespoke scripting to get it work with your specific wheel. If there is any interest i will post the script I use for my wheel.

I appreciate the VR that AC has. You can drive in it, and pretty well.

When it comes to wishlist items for convenience, a recenter button is around the top of the list. AC creates a bit of a problem when you are already de-centered when entering VR (headset put on at the from time), because now you don't get to see the menu from hitting the ESC key.

It's unnecessary though, just hit the look left and look right buttons at the same time to recenter the HMD. Or ctrl+space if your keyboard is handy, mine's right next to my wheel so I can easily reach down and hit it without having to take the headset off.
I got one of those little wireless keyboard with trackpad on my motion rig and it's a mess to find CTRL+SPACE, and look left/right on VR are useless and would be two wasted buttons, while assigning just one button with joytokey is easier to reach and it takes nothing to recenter view while driving (in VR in motion rig)

I got one of those little wireless keyboard with trackpad on my motion rig and it's a mess to find CTRL+SPACE, and look left/right on VR are useless and would be two wasted buttons, while assigning just one button with joytokey is easier to reach and it takes nothing to recenter view while driving (in VR in motion rig)

Eh, in AC there isn't enough stuff to map to take up all my buttons so I have two free to map for look left/right. I personally hate fiddling with third-party apps so I'll gladly sacrifice a button to avoid that.

If we are talking about just the VR centre button then yeah there are easier work arounds, However, when you use these 3rd party shortcut solutions along side something like this the AC app below then you suddenly get a lot of control on your wheel. In my case I even have the wheel thumb hat assigned to the mouse. I can easy control all of the menu items from my wheel controls.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/in-game-keyboard-shortcuts-extension.16180/

If we are talking about just the VR centre button then yeah there are easier work arounds, However, when you use these 3rd party shortcut solutions along side something like this the AC app below then you suddenly get a lot of control on your wheel. In my case I even have the wheel thumb hat assigned to the mouse. I can easy control all of the menu items from my wheel controls.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/in-game-keyboard-shortcuts-extension.16180/

Holy crap that's amazing. Is it possible to use a D-pad for such things as well? If I could use the Dpad and another button for 'ESC' and another for a mouse click that would solve all of my issues.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 57.7%