NLR F-GT Elite and D-box

Currently I have an NLR Motion V3 on an Obutto Rev Rig. I've thought about updating the Obutto to the NLR F-GT Elite since that has support for the V3. In the next few years I may want to upgrade to a Dbox solution so I was wondering if that would work on this rig.

I've tried searching but can't find anyone that has tried it or commented about it. The issue could be the pedal mount as that is mounted on the outside of the profile so I may not have enough room to mount the Dbox.

To reopen an old "internet beef" :p:

I fear the NLR would not be stiff enough for a motion system, see "Will here" :

We´ve had "long discussions";) if Simrigs do need that stability or if if flex does not matter.

I personally put the balance way more in the direction of stiff versus light.
My DIY rig has 160/40 "frame rails" which might be overkill for Sprints and SC2 but the cost difference wasn´t that big.
I had upgraded a flexing rig already once and wanted my second rig to be my last, no matter what future upgrades required.
So regardless if there are Ultimates or motion in my future, my rig will take it.

Did you ever find anything relating to d-box on an FGT elite?
My check say it can if you use the advanced sim racing brackets that mount underneath the frames. Located behind the wheel upright as close as possible to it and at the very back of the frame. The wheel uprights moves as far forward as it can given the pedal position.

The d-box minimum spacing is 336mm which would give you a lot of pitch, I estimate it would be mounted around 830mm apart front to rear giving 5.2 degrees of pitch and side to side being 630mm giving 6.32 degrees of roll.

The biggest issue with the FGT Elite is its custom side frame profiles of 100mm are great but the spacing on the slots is not standard 40mm, real pita. This means most brackets that side mount will it fit unless holes are slightly elongated.

Anyways, I’m going to give it a try in the next few weeks, dbox G5 and FGT and can always comment back on how it went… the cockpit is certainly stiff enough as it handles traction loss and motion plus from NLR quite well,

Did you ever find anything relating to d-box on an FGT elite?
A D-Box can be mounted to any rig these days, as several sim rig manufacturers sell a motion base platform upon which any rig can be mounted on top of.

Here are a couple of examples:

Sim Seats
Sim Seats - D-Box Platform Screenshot 2024-03-16 082434 B.jpg

rSeat
rSeat - D-Box Platform Screenshot 2024-03-16 082512.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements