ACC Night to dawn @ Kyalami Monday 16th October

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
With 0.81 l you show nerves of steel. I calculated 108 l and finished with ~20 l…
My calculations tend to change over the first period of longer races, with inconsistent laps etc, so I work out how much fuel I need to finish from pit stop, and adjust that as I pit, in this case I just about made it lol, I’d prefer around 5 litre remaining tbh lol. Going to practice in the BMW as much as poss and hopefully use it from now on, I seem to be able to make positive changes to set ups in the M4, Aston I love but set ups are harder for me to nail.

My calculations tend to change over the first period of longer races, with inconsistent laps etc, so I work out how much fuel I need to finish from pit stop, and adjust that as I pit, in this case I just about made it lol, I’d prefer around 5 litre remaining tbh lol. Going to practice in the BMW as much as poss and hopefully use it from now on, I seem to be able to make positive changes to set ups in the M4, Aston I love but set ups are harder for me to nail.
Next time I‘ll try CrewChief to do the fuel calculation and (if I can work it out) adjust the fuel when entering the pit lane.

The 992 felt great on this track.

Quali was a bit shaky for me, not really managing to nail it.
On the race, i probably did the best driving I've done on this game. Car felt amazing and I could easily push it, while still managing the tires. End of stint 1 was tricky with the tires going and pressures going high.
After gaining confidence again after a couple of laps on new tires and the track warming up, I just pushed all the way to the end.

Thank you Chris for choosing amazing scenery for our races! See you all on track.

great setting for the race, especially the sun directly in the windscreen on the worst turn in history hehehe. very messy race, but a lot of plus sides, only the 2nd time in the M4 and really pleased with quali time, not too bad at all, getting used to the BMW and really like it, i can get more speed into corners but thats where experience in the car caught me out tonight, over rotated and hit the barrier on lap 3, 39 seconds of damage, no lights, and as i found out not great brakes, entered pit at warp speed trying to slow up, got a 30 sec SG penalty, got my best lap time on this circuit, tyres and pressures were spot on, and finished with 0.81 litres in car, so strategy was good. got some good experience laps in tonight for the Beemer, so happy overall.
thanks Chris, always great racing in RD Club

Same mistakes for me :coffee: But it was a nice race and the night to dawn was great ! Just got back on ACC 10 days ago, so I hope I'll do better next time :geek:

GG everyone else for the race :cool:

Same mistakes for me :coffee: But it was a nice race and the night to dawn was great ! Just got back on ACC 10 days ago, so I hope I'll do better next time :geek:

GG everyone else for the race :cool:
i Thought you had some bad luck too, I pitted for damage and you were there, then pitted for stop go penalty and you were there again, was like a mirror image lol. It’s unfortunate because pace wise I was happy, but within five laps I was lapped by everyone, so from then on it was about getting experience in the M4, and yes night to dawn was great, reminded me of the Suzuka race. Perfect

Nice race, enjoyed it.
Had to choose between Aston and Porsche after some testing and took the Porsche because of the bester view, Speed was the same.
Quali was ok but not great, i was surprise to end up second.
I missed the timing on the race start and dropped back to forth, but after Johanns error i earned third and manage to hold it. The car was good, but i hat some moments and little errors where i lost time to Chris and had to settle for third.

Many Thanks to Chris for organizing and all guys on track, great event :thumbsup:

On the fuel topic, I have been looking at the dash on the 992 and it shows how much fuel it has used.
For 1h races, I just look at it when Crew Chief warns me we are at the half way mark and adjust fuel for the pits. Usually have to add a little, and finish with 2 laps of fuel left.

i Thought you had some bad luck too, I pitted for damage and you were there, then pitted for stop go penalty and you were there again, was like a mirror image lol. It’s unfortunate because pace wise I was happy, but within five laps I was lapped by everyone, so from then on it was about getting experience in the M4, and yes night to dawn was great, reminded me of the Suzuka race. Perfect

Yeah I thought exactly the same : mirror !
I was like : "Why is Jay following me ?" :roflmao:
But yeah, in the end it was nice a nice race tho :laugh:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.9%