New to Automobilista 2 again..............and wow.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Having had a few years away from sim racing I would just like to say that having purchased AMS 2 I am blown away how good it feels to drive. Especially my old favourites, the stockcars. Love it. Managed to blag a cheap steam key for it on the web (£8.10) and what a bargain.

Looking forward to some online racing in some rookie races next. But I need practice though. Very rusty. :)

Attachments

• 1-automobilista-2.jpg
    1-automobilista-2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Yeah health not too good mate, I don't work anymore but I manage some racing and trucking.
Same here Jim. Older, now retired with time to spare. And got a few health issues too. But at least I can still drive in real life and in sim. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Having had a few years away fro sim racing I would just like to say that having purchased AMS 2 I am blown away how good it feels to drive. Especially my old favourites, the stockcars. Love it. Managed to blag a cheap steam key for it on the web (£8.10) and what a bargain.

Looking forward to some online racing in some rookie races next. But I need practice though. Very rusty. :)
wow !! £8.10!! That's a steal..... 90% less than what I paid..... make sure you try the custom ffb files , made a difference to my T500

I use Danielkart V50 which I think is on page 306, great for my TSPC racer. He has 4 versions from lowest NM to about 12NM.
I had a look at that Jim but still couldn't work out which one of the four offered would be right for my t500rs.:( There are4 files called custom FFB listed on page 306.

Last edited:
I had a look at that Jim but still couldn't work out which one of the four offered would be right for my t500rs.:( There are4 files called custom FFB listed on page 306.
Do you know how many mm the T500 is, if you download all 4 then open them, it tells you which one is for each one. I think yours will be same as mine.

There is a belt driven 2 to 5 nm then belt and DD 5 to 8 nm which is the one I use for my TSPC racer, the other 2 are for higher DD wheels. Open them and he has put at the top which they are for mate

Last edited:
There is a belt driven 2 to 5 nm then belt and DD 5 to 8 nm which is the one I use for my TSPC racer, the other 2 are for higher DD wheels. Open them and he has put at the top which they are for mate
I see thanks buddy. I think the the T500RS is 4nm but weirdly in the manual it says it outputs upto 150nm..........:confused:

I do find the DLC overly expensive for AMS 2 though. So I am probably going back to AMS 1.

Ahh come on my good man :)
Too expensive!
Compared to what?
I compare it to a pint of lager on a pub - hehe or against the price of iRacing.
And you can probably guess the outcome - pour moi :roflmao:
I expressed my opinion. I find it too expensive. I am a poor retired old man who loves some offline AI racing so I make do with the base game probably like 90% of AMS 2 owners. Comparing to a pint in a pub is not really a good comparison. Anyway I am not a fan of DLC. But I am a great believer in buying a full complete race sim at the outset. ;)

Last edited:
OK take my comment humorously :thumbsup:
But because I consider sim racing as some kind of hobby and seen from how many hours of joy I get out of it I consider the payment pretty cost effective.
The cost of iRacing is some kind of borderline for me - but if they created a reasonable good tire model I would reconsider my former membership.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The beer and pub thing was just something to get a perspective. Hehe because these things dont really belong to my hobbies :roflmao:

OK take my comment humorously :thumbsup:
But because I consider sim racing as some kind of hobby and seen from how many hours of joy I get out of it I consider the payment pretty cost effective.
The cost of iRacing is some kind of borderline for me - but if they created a reasonable good tire model I would reconsider my former membership.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: The beer and pub thing was just something to get a perspective. Hehe because these things dont really belong to my hobbies :roflmao:
AMS 1 is better anyways. ;):) Can't beat the combo of stock cars at Sebring. Love it.
20230314114033_1.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 470 70.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 284 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 307 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 136 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 27.1%
Back