PC2 New system build; way worse VR performance!

Hi guys,

With my old system (i5 3570, 8Gb, GTX 1070) I ran PC in VR pretty okay.
Note that this was a system not on the internet and an old version of the game, maybe a year or two.

Now, I got my new system (i5 11400, 16 Gb still the same 1070 though) and installed the game again.
Problem is, I can't get it to run properly. Stuttering as in dropping frame rate and to get rid of it, I have to set every setting so low, its just undoable.

I don't remember my old settings, but I know they were not all that bad and driving in the rain in a LMP1 car, was a joy to see. It ran smooth, I do remember.
Now; I can't see clearly even in the dry, that low are the settings and still it keeps stuttering.

I did all the drivers and stuff, even put on windows 10 all over after a day of trying to get it proper; nothing helped for this.
AC runs just fine, a little bit more smooth maybe than with my old system, but it makes me think its not the system.

There are some tutorials on the internet on how to set it up; doesn't work either.
I do remember for sure I got the setting, the slider in VR settings, at 1.2 to make it nicer to see (can't remember the name).
Now; I have to keep it at 1.0 or else......

Now, the vga is the same, cpu is way better, PC2 is newer build.
What am I missing here guys?
Tried steam settings.......nope.

Any hint would be appreciated!

The improvement in CPU performance don't help because in VR the GPU is the bottleneck. With your GPU is quite difficult to run in SS 1.2 and some details except in day/clear weather condition. However, if you noticed a worse performance than before, it is not really strange. The last nVIDIA drivers are not optimized for old GPU: e.g. I use the 446.14 with my RTX 2080 (considered one of the best driver for RTX serie 20) and I gain about 15% in headroom compared to 5XX.XX drivers. You did not mention your headset, but Oculus performance with Rift performance worse in the last installment and I have to work a bit with OTT.

I'm going to try this myself - I'm on one of the later drivers (think 497.01 something like that) but have been reading that for RTX cards the 457.30 driver is the best and last optimzed driver specifically for tha RTX range. Will post back with my impression for PC2...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.