New Case

Paul Glover

I talk lots
After having my PC for a couple of years and threatening to change the case, I finally got my but in gear. I went for this: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/meshify/meshify-c

My previous case was a CoolerMaster case, not sure on the particular model but it looks similar to some on their website currently.

The new case has no room for DVD drive, which doesn't bother me as I don't think I ever used the old one. Because of the this the case has a much smaller footprint than the cooler master, whilst also being better built and smarter when it comes to cable management.

Really impressed by the case.

Not normally into pimping my case, but bought some Aigo RGB LED fans, they look so good and are quiet. The downside is that they cannot be connected to the motherboard so have a separate controller, which I have left in the case as I don't want to keep changing the colours. Not sure what speed they are currently set too, managed to get 3 fans for £36. Not exactly wallet busting, wish I had bought the pack of 5 now! Oh well.

I do love Fractal Design cases. The Meshify Mini C I have is a little cramped, so one would have hardware compatibility issues f someone decides to use an AIO. If they ever make an ITX version, I'll be all over it.

LG External USB burner is cheap and I found they work better then internal, less noisy they don't vibrate and writing at max ( 8 speed) they never fail where as internal @8 speed still get errors sometimes
Other advantage is not having to place tower within easy reach
With usb extension cable you can sit it next to keyboard
Tower will have better heat dissipation, airflow and no messy cables

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 32 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 84 32.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 149 58.0%