neew quick help at choosing my next wheel stand/rim for my direct drive wheel , got one week time

• Thread starter Deleted member 963434
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 963434

• Deleted member 963434

Yo i must change place of living, i found place when i can live from 1 march but as currently im usin 20 nm direct drive wheel, at my home where i live my entire live, i decided to move out from my parents house.... dont ask why lol im 27 years old i think its about time xd
but currently im usin, yo may laugh, but i using wheel stand pro (google it now) with my direct drive wheel, only way im usin it is i managed to bolt this thing to 4 bolts in wall, but it still shakin so im losing details xD
but as i move out of home to apartment for rent i know for sure they dont allow me to drill 4 holes in wall just so i cant mount my "rig" xD
so i think i must now buy proper wheel stand for direct drive.
well as i never read about it so i dont know nothing about it, only i saw this alimunium profiles things.. but i found i think cheapest way to achieve is Next Level Racing Wheel Stand DD made for DD wheels, or aluminium profiles? Wchich is cheapest way, and which is easiest way? I saw those aluminium profiles and i think they must calculate measures? like leg lenght, arm lenght etc to measure it all to driver? If so i dont have time for this and i dont want to make any calculations. Question is Next Level racin DD wheel stand good cheap option? or are there cheapest alternatives? Or if so... are those "aluminium profiles" cheaper than next level racing wheel stand DD?

I'm using the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand for DD with a Simucube 2 Pro. Everything is working fine.
But when i was building the stand together i had higher tolerances, but it worked.

I mean u can't call the NLR for DD a cheap option (i've paid 330€). I think its a comfortable one. You can also build your own aluminium wheel stand. Saw one in the "show us your rig" thread (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-us-your-rig-cockpit.19/post-3192952)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

I'm using the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand for DD with a Simucube 2 Pro. Everything is working fine.
But when i was building the stand together i had higher tolerances, but it worked.

I mean u can't call the NLR for DD a cheap option (i've paid 330€). I think its a comfortable one. You can also build your own aluminium wheel stand. Saw one in the "show us your rig" thread (https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/show-us-your-rig-cockpit.19/post-3192952)
thanks for reply but can you also tell me why people build this aluminium rig? is it better/sturdier/more comfortable or its cheaper than NLR? if you using NLR with simucube 2 i think its enough for my wheel so i think i choose it. Yo can also add seat there yes? I mean yo can buy NLR seat in future and it has holes to mount it to?

Upvote 0
In my opinion aluminium rigs/wheelstands are looking better. They might be sturdier aswell and maybe cheaper, but i prefer a "out of the box" solution.
I've seen a instagram story of Simlab which was showing a wheelstand for DD's aswell (not released yet). Maybe you can reach out to them and ask for more informations :) ( )

What wheel are you going to use?
Yes, in the future there will be a seat upgrade. I've asked NRL when its going to be released but no anwser yet. Might be someday in 2021.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Building your own rig with 8020 aluminum profiles is creative and fun. Nothing will be as strong and it wont be too expensive. However, the best of all is that you will be able to move every element in XYZ, add segments of profiles whereever you want, install whatever you want, add or remove elements, add more or less strenght to certain parts, make changes... There are hundreds of accesories compatible with these profiles. If you like building things and have your own ideas, the 8020 profiles is the way to go.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies