Need Single Buttkicker Setup/Sound Advice!

Hello...

Yall helped me a LOT figuring out how to build my new sim rig the last year (and i am really enjoying it now!), but now I need help completing the setup of my new single buttkicker. I am not a techie, but can do this sort of thing with hand holding, but how to actually setup and dial in the buttkicker has me pretty confused at the moment.

I have a brand new PC with onboard motherboard sound, using windows 10 (my Nvidia card does not have any kind of built in sound card on it FYI).

The single buttkicker i have is the 'mini-concert' from their Simulation kit, and the amp is a Buttkicker BKA-130-C (i believe the only difference between this one and the buttkicker2 is the way it mounts)

I already have the Mini-concert mounted to my P1-X (have a MDF board mounted to the top of the P1-X seat rails and the buttkicker mounted to the bottom of the MDF board and the seat mounted to the top of the MDF board). See attached picture for the MDF board mounted. What i need help with is completing the setup properly so it all actually works.

So, here is what i am wanting to achieve:

1) Be able to use my USB headset when sim racing

2) Have SimHub setup and working properly (using only Assetto Corsa at the moment, but soon will add iRacing and rF2 to the mix)

3) When i have friends over and we want to play on the sim racing rig together, it would be nice if (while also using the buttkicker) i could set the sound output away from my USB headset and instead to the computer speakers so that we could all hear the sound while we watch someone else sim racing

4) Soon will be adding a Reverb G2 to the mix and i want that to also work properly once that is setup

So, given those goals, some questions:

1) What settings should i use on the Buttkicker BKA-130-C amp itself?
Should the low frequency cutoff be in or out?
Under the 'High Cutoff Frequency', should the 'High' button be in or out? Also, what should the dial be set to (40 - 160)?

2) How to best achieve the ability to use my USB headset when sim racing and while also using the buttkicker? I know about 'Voicemeeter', however i have read that many have lots of issues using voicemeeter, especially on iRacing.

Would the cleanest way be to get another sound card (in addition to the on-board MB sound)? I looked at many sound cards today, and the cheaper ones (around $20 on Amazon) had terrible reviews about them not working properly with Windows 10, etc. The good ones seemed to be the Sound Blaster and ASUS ones, but they are $40 and seem to be serious overkill, especially if i am only using it for the buttkicker channel.

Should i use voicemeeter, a separate sound card or something else, and if a sound card, which one do yall recommend?

Will whatever solution work with Assetto Corsa, iRacing and rF2?

And, given whichever solution yall recommend, can i simultaneously keep the buttkicker hooked up to a sound output, and switch back and forth between a USB headset and/or my computer speakers?

AND, how exactly do i hook the sound cabling, etc up depending on using voicemeeter or a separate sound card?

3) When i get a Reverb G2, how will that figure into the above? I have heard that the VR headsets have their own internal sound somehow, but super confused on this part.

4) Once i get the sound configuration figured out, i am looking for the best step by step beginners setup tutorials for how to dial in SimHub properly. What is the best article and/or youtube video that yall know of for that?

Thanks!
Randy
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 141

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.1%