Need help with my rig

Henlo boiz!

I am coming atcha today with a small problem that I'm having with a sim rig purchased from a dutch car parts supplier (I know it sounds shady and trust me this was as much a craigslist degree of ghetto deal as ever) and recently I had my steering wheel rack give in to the pressure of my t150 (that's how good a quality it was IKR) and now I have to keep the wheel clamped onto my desk which is a tad too high for my seat position (that's how the wheel also manages to get in my line of sight and also hinders me from concentrating on the race at hand). Not to mention how much the metallic beams were flexing and how clamping the wheel back to my desk killed that problem right away. Actually buying this rig started out when I hollered at ma to go to a car junkyard and fetch a car seat for the wooden rig but she thought it'd be smarter to spend a lot more money on what turned out to be an overpriced piece of junk... but at least I can fold the seat

I can provide a picture of it in private since I can't up it in this post. In essence the thing is being held up by 6 plastic feet that are bolted onto the bottom of the frame which also suggests the possibility of using spacers if need be.

I already thought about just sliding an mdf plate of the thing's size or some planks to serve the same purpose but I also thought that I don't want that kind of space occupation in my room. I could also say that I'm just undecided on what to do so feel free to drop your suggestions and Godspeed!

I also used to have a wooden dyi sim rig, that was using an IKEA Poang chair as a seat but it was too tedious to pull the chair, sit in it and pull myself in place everytime I wanted to race, which I don't know the current situation of so saying it didn't become chimney fuel might be speaking too soon.

Thanks in advance!

I am also looking for something to do with some money I'll get soon (spending some on a new sim) so also feel free to drop what you think about automobilista and automobilista 2 and do keep in mind I am not set up to purchase either of the two but rather anything on pc that can be competitive or that has any serious online championships going on (except rfactor 2 bc I already have it altho without dlc) as I am intending to get serious about sim racing once again.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.