Need Help Deciding on Second Wheel

My Logitech G27 finally gave out with a cracked optical wheel. I am trying to fix it but was considering an upgrade anyway, with a budget of approximately $600. I'm currently considering a Fanatec CSL Elite or a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, and I can't decide between the two. Is there anything else I should be considering?

I think a new V2.5 is $549 or €549 in EU
Yeah, but that's only the base, without anything. I bought a used Thrustmaster TS-XW wheelbase with the Sparco and F1 rim and Thrustmaster pro pedals with a loadcell kit for 525€ here on RD. I haven't regretted it one bit. I have no idea what Fanatec is like though

Upvote 0
Yeah I have a full Fanatec setup and love it. Got the CSW V2.5 from a seller on here and the McLaren GT3 rim. Love both. I wouls suggest second hand also.

Upvote 0
My Logitech G27 finally gave out with a cracked optical wheel. I am trying to fix it but was considering an upgrade anyway, with a budget of approximately $600. I'm currently considering a Fanatec CSL Elite or a Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer, and I can't decide between the two. Is there anything else I should be considering?
just finished building this. I am making second wheel if you are interested lol

Attachments

• 20200401_174329.jpg
    20200401_174329.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 20200401_174336.jpg
    20200401_174336.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20200401_174342.jpg
    20200401_174342.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20200401_174355.jpg
    20200401_174355.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 0
the CSL Elite Bundle is 570€+60€ (desk mount) with Wheel and Pedals

I am fairly certain that the CSL elite comes with a desk clamp, but the Clubsport V2.5 does not. The TS-PC or TS-XW also seem fairly good (and are easy to acquire in the US through Amazon/Walmart/Newegg).

I would consider second hand but do have warranty concerns.

Upvote 0
Another vote for the TS-PC here. I bought one when they came out, and haven't had any problems with it. I hear lots of bad things about Fanatec wheels, I've never personally owned one though. The Fanatec v3 pedals and shifter have also been bulletproof since 2016, I can recommend them without hesitation.
If you do buy the v3s, you should also buy the brake performance kit for €30 extra, and then they're perfect.
You'll really notice the upgrade from your G27 potato to a modern wheel. Don't even think about wanting to repair the G27, open the window and throw it away as far as you can :D

Upvote 0
I have had issues with a T100 from Thrustmaster that died after a week, so I have been wary of their wheels. I am thinking heavily about T-LCM pedals though...

I am torn about what I hear regarding Fanatec reliability though (even though I do like the ecosystem more)...

Upvote 0
I have had issues with a T100 from Thrustmaster that died after a week, so I have been wary of their wheels. I am thinking heavily about T-LCM pedals though...

I am torn about what I hear regarding Fanatec reliability though (even though I do like the ecosystem more)...
Sorry, I've not been on this forum long, but how is Fanatec's customer support?

Upvote 0
Sorry, I've not been on this forum long, but how is Fanatec's customer support?
That's a can of worms I don't want to open here :D But if you type "Fanatec support " in the search box, you'll have enough reading material to keep you busy for a few hours ( days? ) I personally only have the Fanatec pedals and shifter, and they've been faultless. Other people have had problems though. As for the wheels : Read all the posts and make up your own mind...

Upvote 0
My only problem with their support is that you get one email a day. That's it. So a simple conversation can take a week to get to the end. But I have always been looked after, just not as quickly as one would like.
The equipment is top notch though in my opinion.

Upvote 0
My only problem with their support is that you get one email a day. That's it. So a simple conversation can take a week to get to the end. But I have always been looked after, just not as quickly as one would like.
The equipment is top notch though in my opinion.

I've honestly found the same issue with Thrustmaster when I contacted them, thus I guess it's a toss up there.

I'm currently leaning towards a CSL Elite with T-LCM pedals, which seems to avoid the Fanatec CSL pedal issues and is cheaper than Clubsport V3s.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back