Multiplayer are you alive?

I went back to rFactor2 after a break. I love driving physics, but I wonder if anyone else race it online ??
Have you tried the Competition system? Online participation is still a weak point for rF2 aside from established leagues. S397 hired a new manager for the Competition System so hopefully we'll see improvements heading into next year. Q4 is a little over a month away. Perhaps in October the Release Candidate might show what is coming down the pipeline next.

And the hour you posted is when most sims have their player count just beginning to pick up. Peak player count is about 12 hours later.

Have you tried the Competition system? Online participation is still a weak point for rF2 aside from established leagues. S397 hired a new manager for the Competition System so hopefully we'll see improvements heading into next year. Q4 is a little over a month away. Perhaps in October the Release Candidate might show what is coming down the pipeline next.
When did S397 hire a new competitions manager, and who is the person who replaced Jimmi Allison?

Last edited:
Jimmi is still there running the CS. Several months back(I'm terrible with remembering time) There were a couple of posts from the new person over at the S397 forums. He asked for some input from users and it's been quiet ever since.

LFM is currently testing rFactor 2 to include it in the service. there are practice sessions online. Join LFM and take it from there. If that cannot vitalise rF2 multiplayer, I don't know what will.

Multiplayer is not just alive, it's like iRacing thanks to LFM, at least for European time-zones and with limited series. Works very well so far with usually two splits per race and I love that the practice-servers are similar to iRacing plus the typical SR and ELO-ranking. You need 10 races to get an ELO btw. and I'm also new to LFM because ACC sketchy physics with it's silly exploits don't catch me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.