Moving string objects

I've got some fencing that I'd like to move in BTB. They're supposed to be up on the pit building roof, to prevent the onlookers from falling off.

Put the fencing in the scene and then "grabbed them by the balls" (the circular red object handles) using the Y key to lift them up, but when I do, the balls do move upwards but the fence stays on the ground. (Even when I tell it not to in the string options.) I've noticed this on several occasions. Some stringobjects do work (moving upwards), others do not.

One of BTB's many little bugs, or is there a workaround? :tongue:

Go to the SObjects window, then Object Pieces. The neatest way to do it is for Start, Pattern and End, select 'Offset' and use the Y value to move them up. The other way is to change the 'grouding' setting, but that's only necessary if you really need the nodes to match up to the object.

Thanks RSoul. Will give it a try.

?!?

Just a little angry intermezzo though:

Who the flying f*ck changed my message thread title? I'm pretty sure I named it "Shiftin' those strings" or somesuch, and not a boring heading like 'Moving string objects'. I don't mind it having another title but I DON'T appreciate being censored.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%